Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I hate you Darin.

Not only do you know the best angles and ways to take photos, shadowing, black and white, whatever it is always looks awesome! I gotta get me a better camera. And a little more know how.

Sweet shots!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As usual, Darin’s photos are gorgeous.

How far away was that bear (Grizzly?!)? My daughter was just in Hatcher’s Pass, and I keep telling her there are probably bears around.

I wonder if you guys have crossed paths anywhere?
    Right now she’s “camping” in Wrangell-St Elias Nat’l Park.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I wonder, if that bear is the one that tried to eat me from the conservatory? Either way, awesome shot. If it were from the conservatory though, where are other photos of animals? And if in wild, that had better be a VERY powerful telephoto lens!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes Kathianne, NT'sGirl, aboutime liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    As usual, Darin’s photos are gorgeous.

How far away was that bear (Grizzly?!)? My daughter was just in Hatcher’s Pass, and I keep telling her there are probably bears around.

I wonder if you guys have crossed paths anywhere?
    Right now she’s “camping” in Wrangell-St Elias Nat’l Park.

The bear was at a Conservation i was about 15 feet up and maybe 50 feet away.

Thank you.

More pics attached.
    IMG_4942.jpgIMG_4976.jpgIMG_5049.jpgIMG_5080.jpgIMG_5335.jpg
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

8. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl, jimnyc, NightTrain, aboutime liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

few more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

10. Thanks Kathianne, NT'sGirl, jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I wonder, if that bear is the one that tried to eat me from the conservatory? Either way, awesome shot. If it were from the conservatory though, where are other photos of animals? And if in wild, that had better be a VERY powerful telephoto lens!
    That is Hope she is not the one that tried to eat you. You bonded wit JB. The bigger one
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

12. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I see my little buddy and bed mate Milo!!

And looks like Riley got bigger in past 2 years, and much more muscular too!

All again great photos!! Them bears, what a sight. And with Darin's camera, and his know how, they look like they are right there. When I was little we went to a Giants/Steelers game at Giants stadium. Sat about halfway up. Dad was really into it too and had his own darkroom and everything. He had 3-4 massive telephotos. He too me a photo of Mean Joe Greene and Lambert on the sideline and looks like we're in the front row they look so close and clear! Meanwhile, my cam would take a pic from halfway up, and it would look like we were sitting all the way up top!

14. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, darin, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice PIX Darin ! Good to see you're still kicken.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

16. Thanks darin, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, darin, aboutime liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Exit glacier

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5431.jpg

18. Thanks jimnyc, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, aboutime, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Exit glacier
    Did you see any of the mountains while you were there? How many did you get to see in the distance while upon your travels, like maybe 2 or 3?

And damn, did ya see any of them that weren't just awesome looking?

How many shots did you get in total on your camera? I figured I would get a shot of anything cool, anything to be remembered. And found myself with my phone out almost at all times click clicking away!

Have you left?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Did you see any of the mountains while you were there? How many did you get to see in the distance while upon your travels, like maybe 2 or 3?

And damn, did ya see any of them that weren't just awesome looking?

How many shots did you get in total on your camera? I figured I would get a shot of anything cool, anything to be remembered. And found myself with my phone out almost at all times click clicking away!

Have you left?

we saw them on the low/no rain days, of which we had few. around wasilla they were plentiful. And they were beautiful - reminded me of the alps.

I think i took several hundred, if I recall. Few hundred. The rain and activity kinda limited things - my gear is weather resistant but I didn't wanna push it. i'm home in Oklahoma now - got in yesterday.

21. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    we saw them on the low/no rain days, of which we had few. around wasilla they were plentiful. And they were beautiful - reminded me of the alps.

I think i took several hundred, if I recall. Few hundred. The rain and activity kinda limited things - my gear is weather resistant but I didn't wanna push it. i'm home in Oklahoma now - got in yesterday.
    You still saw a lot then! They are at every turn as you saw, even if some having their heads lopped off. Maybe it'll be better for ya the next time you go.

Only a few hundred, but we know you choose wisely and get the best angles and ideas, so that's a ton.

Glad you made it back safely.

23. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You still saw a lot then! They are at every turn as you saw, even if some having their heads lopped off. Maybe it'll be better for ya the next time you go.

Only a few hundred, but we know you choose wisely and get the best angles and ideas, so that's a ton.

Glad you made it back safely.

Thank you! I'm shopping tix to head back first week of march in addition to end of july.

Oklahoma has some beauty too - i'm discovering - here are a few from my three-weeks living here. IMG_4422.jpgIMG_4546.jpgIMG_4582.jpgIMG_4597.jpgIMG_4613.jpg

25. Likes icansayit, Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

27. Likes jimnyc, NightTrain, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That your son in the photo overlooking the water? You live there now?