Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Mmmm waking up to a fresh coffee and... horrid morning

a root canal!

Off I go in a few.

F that though. Other place wanted to yank all my teeth and put in all other crap. This one today, get a root canal and back for a crown in 2 weeks and all new again. Doing crowns on 2 others as well for future prevention and use over the next few months. And then 4 implants in total. Preserve all my teeth and make them nicer and last longer. Damn other place wanted to yank like 25+ teeth! LOL yikes!

So hopefully I'll be good as new in 6-8 months from now. Will still have all my chompers but the molars removed years ago.

But hell, I STILL have a root canal at 8:45, and that is the worst of the worst as far as I'm concerned. I say just pull the bastard, but I guess saving them is the point. But needles, grinding, twisting and yanking out of roots - and last time I had to get a 3rd shot IN the root to finish as it hurt still. Then hurt bad for a few days after.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    a root canal!

Off I go in a few.

F that though. Other place wanted to yank all my teeth and put in all other crap. This one today, get a root canal and back for a crown in 2 weeks and all new again. Doing crowns on 2 others as well for future prevention and use over the next few months. And then 4 implants in total. Preserve all my teeth and make them nicer and last longer. Damn other place wanted to yank like 25+ teeth! LOL yikes!

So hopefully I'll be good as new in 6-8 months from now. Will still have all my chompers but the molars removed years ago.

But hell, I STILL have a root canal at 8:45, and that is the worst of the worst as far as I'm concerned. I say just pull the bastard, but I guess saving them is the point. But needles, grinding, twisting and yanking out of roots - and last time I had to get a 3rd shot IN the root to finish as it hurt still. Then hurt bad for a few days after.
    Good for you. A week from now you’ll feel fine and it’ll be over. Hope it goes super fine!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yeah I think in a week you'll be happy you kept your tooth.

Plus you get nitrous oxide yes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Good for you. A week from now you’ll feel fine and it’ll be over. Hope it goes super fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yeah I think in a week you'll be happy you kept your tooth.

Plus you get nitrous oxide yes?
    Worst morning ever and things didn't go as planned.

So, on my way there and get about 2 miles from home and am stopped at a red light. I look in my rear view and see a small black Honda coming behind me, not fast at all, as if he was texting but didn't fully stop. Or wasn't paying attention. Beeped but he was behind me. And then WHAM!

And he hit HARD. I thought for sure the rear was partly caved in. Oh I was livid, on the phone with my brother John when it happened. As I walked to the back of my truck I first saw his Honda front end, and had some serious damage to the dead center of it. Scared me even more for what I was about to see.

Luckily, I bought a better trailer hitch with my new truck! He hit the hitch and only the square rubber cap for it was destroyed. Not even a scratch that I can see. Tested the rear door and all I could, all fine. Took photos of him, his car license and his drivers license and we exchanged numbers. Gotta get truck to shop for a quick peek to ensure and will call him if any damage. Plus I think my rear cam may have caught it. But I may have gotten lucky there, and him too.

Then continued on to the endodontist. Now mind you, you know I was referred to her from my regular dentist. He told me he sent over my chart and xrays to her. She took a quick on anyway. Quick look at me... determined that no tooth is under that molar. She said it would be about $3500 total for root canal and crown in a few weeks, and she thinks it'll get little to no use in the future. She said she would feel unethical if not telling me that, and that she would recommend yanking it. Ok, so go ahead and yank it then.

Nope, a couple of phone calls and I get an appointment with an oral surgery place I went to like 22 years ago. So now I drive there.

Wait my turn with no appointment and was in fairly quickly. She was so so so nice and pleasant. I was a scared wreck. I'm a dental coward of the worst kind. She tells me, don't worry, a few pinches to get started for the needle and you'll only feel a little pressure on it and it'll be over and done. Ok, I thought, sure, like I believe that horseshit! LOL

So 3 needles and right into it. For the next 10, closer to 15 minutes she sat there with that tool yanking left and right, twisting and crunching and her hand is out. Nope, different tool and right back in there. More crunching and twisting. By now I have white knuckles grasping onto the arm handles as tight as I could. Then finally I hear her tell me it's over.

$250 at the endo to look at it and tell me to go there, and then at least only $150 to yank her out. At least it's over, but still.

And NOW you know why I hate dentists. Here there and everywhere, tons of costs, needles galore and lots of messing with my teeth! LOL

Tooth was useless anyway, but wanted to preserve them. But a molar with no molar underneath it, adios my friend.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes NightTrain, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Worst morning ever and things didn't go as planned.

So, on my way there and get about 2 miles from home and am stopped at a red light. I look in my rear view and see a small black Honda coming behind me, not fast at all, as if he was texting but didn't fully stop. Or wasn't paying attention. Beeped but he was behind me. And then WHAM!

And he hit HARD. I thought for sure the rear was partly caved in. Oh I was livid, on the phone with my brother John when it happened. As I walked to the back of my truck I first saw his Honda front end, and had some serious damage to the dead center of it. Scared me even more for what I was about to see.

Luckily, I bought a better trailer hitch with my new truck! He hit the hitch and only the square rubber cap for it was destroyed. Not even a scratch that I can see. Tested the rear door and all I could, all fine. Took photos of him, his car license and his drivers license and we exchanged numbers. Gotta get truck to shop for a quick peek to ensure and will call him if any damage. Plus I think my rear cam may have caught it. But I may have gotten lucky there, and him too.

Then continued on to the endodontist. Now mind you, you know I was referred to her from my regular dentist. He told me he sent over my chart and xrays to her. She took a quick on anyway. Quick look at me... determined that no tooth is under that molar. She said it would be about $3500 total for root canal and crown in a few weeks, and she thinks it'll get little to no use in the future. She said she would feel unethical if not telling me that, and that she would recommend yanking it. Ok, so go ahead and yank it then.

Nope, a couple of phone calls and I get an appointment with an oral surgery place I went to like 22 years ago. So now I drive there.

Wait my turn with no appointment and was in fairly quickly. She was so so so nice and pleasant. I was a scared wreck. I'm a dental coward of the worst kind. She tells me, don't worry, a few pinches to get started for the needle and you'll only feel a little pressure on it and it'll be over and done. Ok, I thought, sure, like I believe that horseshit! LOL

So 3 needles and right into it. For the next 10, closer to 15 minutes she sat there with that tool yanking left and right, twisting and crunching and her hand is out. Nope, different tool and right back in there. More crunching and twisting. By now I have white knuckles grasping onto the arm handles as tight as I could. Then finally I hear her tell me it's over.

$250 at the endo to look at it and tell me to go there, and then at least only $150 to yank her out. At least it's over, but still.

And NOW you know why I hate dentists. Here there and everywhere, tons of costs, needles galore and lots of messing with my teeth! LOL

Tooth was useless anyway, but wanted to preserve them. But a molar with no molar underneath it, adios my friend.
    You didn't even get a high out of the deal? What a gyp.

8. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Glad you're OK Jim. Did you tell the person they scratched your trailer hitch?

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You didn't even get a high out of the deal? What a gyp.
    Glad you're OK Jim. Did you tell the person they scratched your trailer hitch?
    Not even nitrous, just a few damn needles for my money. Sent 600mg prescription to CVS, but I forgot I have a bottle of 800mg ibuprofen from when I hurt my wrist.

If this is all it is, I'll swing the finances. Got a brand new hitch cover cap for $13.99 already on Amazon and be here tomorrow. But $1 more after I see mechanic, he's getting a call and a bill. I think I got lucky though, but ya never know for sure.

12. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Not even nitrous, just a few damn needles for my money. Sent 600mg prescription to CVS, but I forgot I have a bottle of 800mg ibuprofen from when I hurt my wrist.

If this is all it is, I'll swing the finances. Got a brand new hitch cover cap for $13.99 already on Amazon and be here tomorrow. But $1 more after I see mechanic, he's getting a call and a bill. I think I got lucky though, but ya never know for sure.
    Do you need to get checked out?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

a root canal!

Off I go in a few.

They’re really not that bad. I had no pain, though it does take a while.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    They’re really not that bad. I had no pain, though it does take a while.
    Luckily that was my experience too! Though I wasn't rear-ended on my way there. Eeeekkk!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Do you need to get checked out?
    Me personally? Nah, wasn't that bad. Thx!

19. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Me personally? Nah, wasn't that bad. Thx!
    Hey Jim, my daughter was in wreck when she was 12. Spent week in hospital with various injuries.

Fast forward to age 42. Get's little bump from behind. She's in Range Rover and it's a box truck. Everyone seems fine. Week later she can't turn her head without massive pain. Seems like recent accident activated long ago injury. She had never had pain from 1st injury but ended up suing truck company because doctors said she could have gone rest of her life without pain from 1st injury. It's been a 2 year battle and hasn't been resolved yet.

Get a doctor's visit on record .... NOW!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

21. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post