Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default 9/11

I'm exhausted. The last two days I've been watching news coverage of 9/11. Went through ABC (captioning), then CNN-only some, even then they were not good, FOX (horrid audio, that got better as the day went on.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kathianne View Post
    i'm exhausted. The last two days i've been watching news coverage of 9/11. Went through abc (captioning), then cnn-only some, even then they were not good, fox (horrid audio, that got better as the day went on.
    9 11 did not hurt us as bad or cost us as much as has this false, politically engineered pandemic and its nation and economy shutting down has imho.. And we have the dem party and the globalists to thank for that.. Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm exhausted. The last two days I've been watching news coverage of 9/11. Went through ABC (captioning), then CNN-only some, even then they were not good, FOX (horrid audio, that got better as the day went on.
    Watched the footage again this morning. Still makes me outright cry.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

7. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Watched the footage again this morning. Still makes me outright cry.
    Me too! Reason for exhaustion and the fact that I stayed up way too late.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks aboutime, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Saw this again this morning. I suppose it'll be around for most anniversaries of 9/11. And I don't mind as the ad is that good and worth watching.

Commercial or not, I love the respect of it all.

On the 19th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, a poignant old Budweiser commercial paying tribute to the victims has been resurfaced. But not by the company, Anheuser-Busch, which aired the ad just once.

The emotional ad — which aired months after the national tragedy, during the 2002 Super Bowl that February — showed the Budweiser Clydesdales leaving their Missouri stable and making the trek to New York City. Passing by iconic cityscapes, including the Brooklyn Bridge, the horses stop in Battery Park, amid the changed city skyline, to bow as the Statue of Liberty stood tall in the background.

There were no words, just somber music, for the ad, title “Clydesdale Respect.” And the company’s logo didn’t appear until the very end.

Anheuser-Busch didn’t immediately respond to Yahoo Entertainment’s request for comment, but the company’s creative team has said a lot of hoops were jumped through to make the ad just two months after the attacks when the city was still on edge. It required approval from many at that unprecedented time, including members of Congress, the ad community and then-NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

"We filmed in New York City,” Bob Lachky, the former executive vice president of AB Global Creative, said in 2014. “We had a helicopter going over the Brooklyn Bridge. Mayor Giuliani let us into the city. The only film company of any sort right after 9/11 to actually come into air space with our helicopter to film the Clydesdales, the hitch coming into Battery Park and it was amazing ... just amazing.”

He recalled the NYPD being “very, very nervous about everything that was going on in the city at that time.”

As for the horses bowing, the GM of Clydesdale operations Jeff Knapper said, “That was not trick TV. They were trained to do that. The horses spent 45 days with our trainer.”

An Anheuser-Busch spokesperson told Snopes in 2007 that while the commercial aired just once — and remained up for a year on the company’s website in tribute — they received a “positive response” to it for a long time after. “Anheuser-Busch is proud to be an American beer company and we wanted to express ourselves in respectfully honoring those affected by the events of September 11th. We are pleased that the Budweiser Clydesdales were able to deliver our sentiments in a way that has resonated with many Americans.”

On the 10th anniversary of 9/11, in 2011, the company released an updated version of the commercial. At the end of that version, there was a black screen with the words, “We’ll never forget.”

----

Then they made another update of the same commercial for another SB in 2011.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190221178.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Never forget.

"Some people flew some planes into some buildings ". - U.S. Congressional Representative (D) Ilhan Omar.

Some people need to fly a bullet into some skull that happens to be Omar's.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks Black Diamond, jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond, jimnyc liked this post