Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Ohio HS football players suspended

The players get indefinitely suspended for honoring all the first response folks on 9/11, including the police.

They were denied permission and then did so anyway, resulting in their suspensions. So really they were suspended for not listening - but they were denied honoring them to begin with.

Disgusting anymore in America that you are getting in trouble or negative responses from honoring America, or carrying or displaying the flag.

--

Ohio High School Suspends Football Players for Carrying Thin Blue Line Flag in 9/11 Tribute

An Ohio high school has indefinitely suspended two football players for defying orders from the administration and taking “Thin Blue Line” and “Thin Red Line” flags onto the field, as part of a 9/11 tribute.

Ahead of their Sept. 11 game, cornerback Brady Williams and linebacker Jared Bentley, who played on the Little Miami High School’s football team, ran out onto the field carrying the pro-police flags they were told not to display.

After suspending the students, the Morrow, Ohio, school reported that the pair asked to take the flags out onto the field but were denied permission to do so, and in a statement, the school decried the media attention to their actions.

“Little Miami is saddened to see this story take such a negative turn. While we understand these students’ desire (to) show their support of first responders, they did not obtain permission from district officials. Administrators must act when students break the rules,” the school said in a statement according to Fox 19.

“The Patriot Night program to memorialize the victims of 9/11 was already part of our pre-game ceremonies on Friday, and the American flag is the first thing through the tunnel every Friday night. Little Miami enjoys an outstanding relationship with local first police and fire agencies, and a Little Miami school resource officer is also a high school football coach,” the school continued.

“Little Miami always has – and always will – support our first responders, our veterans, and all who sacrifice to maintain our freedoms,” they wrote.

A petition was launched at Change.org urging the school to reverse the suspensions.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-9-11-tribute/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Those aren't American flags, and they were told not to do it and what the penalty would be if they did.
    They/ chose to do it, and now they're paying the price.
    Presumably, they decided it was worth it and went ahead with their plan.
    I can respect their commitment without disparaging the authorities who are following through on the consequences they said would be the price of their actions.
    Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
    Last edited by del; 09-15-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Those aren't American flags, and they were told not to do it and what the penalty would be if they did.
    They/ chose to do it, and now they're paying the price.
    Presumably, they decided it was worth it and went ahead with their plan.
    I can respect their commitment without disparaging the authorities who are following through on the consequences they said would be the price of their actions.
    Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
    Why were they denied in the first place? It was a remembrance of 9/11 event. I think the outrage is more about the initial denial than the suspension. Surely you agree carrying those flags was in the spirit if the event.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

They are no longer suspended. Apparently their original request was deemed to be a political statement until it was revealed they are sons of first responders. Now, they will just be disciplined by the coach for insubordination.

Two high school football players in Ohio – one the son of a cop and the other the son of a firefighter – carried first responder flags onto the field before their game Sept. 11 to honor the fallen heroes who died in attacks 19 years ago – then were briefly suspended.
    As the players took the field on a game advertised as “Patriot Night,” they brought a “Thin Blue Line” and a “Thin Red Line” flag with them, leading another teammate who carried an American flag.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-foot...lags-suspended
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Why were they denied in the first place? It was a remembrance of 9/11 event. I think the outrage is more about the initial denial than the suspension. Surely you agree carrying those flags was in the spirit if the event.
    Don't know, don't care. I'm not much for flag waving, myself, and I really, really dislike bastardizing the flag in any manner, including the thin blue line bullshit, but I wouldn't have disallowed it.
    My threshold for outrage is a lot higher than most people's, I guess. Neither the denial nor the suspension bother me at all. Having said that, allowing it wouldn't have bothered me either.
    Last edited by del; 09-16-2020 at 10:57 AM.