Good, it would be about time that officials get held accountable for their decisions. Decisions that resulted in deaths.

In several of her tweets this is how the mayor has responded:

This report is chilling and the latest abuse of power from the Trump administration. This is not a story about me. It’s about the how this President and his Attorney General are willing to subvert the law and use the DOJ for political purposes.

As a former U.S. Attorney, I took an oath of office to protect the Constitution. The DOJ cannot become a political weapon operated at the behest of the President to target those who have spoken out against his actions. That is an act of tyranny, not of democracy.
I firmly believe that HER decision was political. She wanted the chaos to harm Trump. She wanted no help and to run her own city. She mocked rather than allow help or to put an end to the violence. The citizens that live in the area became prisoners of their own environment. It was no more than a hostile takeover of the area, even putting out the police. A small war declared on the area in addition to ownership.

As she refused to do anything about it and referred to it as a summer of love - it was nothing of the sort. There were quite a few shootings and many people assaulted and injured over the time they took over. It was a disastrous joke.

---

Report: AG Barr Asked Federal Prosecutors to Explore Criminal Charges Against Seattle Mayor over Autonomous Zone

Attorney General William Barr reportedly asked federal prosecutors to explore whether Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan (D) should face criminal charges over the “autonomous zone,” otherwise known as Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP), which she eventually shut down via executive order after weeks of escalated violence, robbery, assault, and increased gang activity over the summer.

According to a Wednesday report from the New York Times, the attorney general floated sedition as a possible charge against violent rioters. The outlet added that Barr “has also asked prosecutors in the Justice Department’s civil rights division to explore whether they could bring criminal charges against Mayor Jenny Durkan of Seattle for allowing some residents to establish a police-free protest zone near the city’s downtown for weeks this summer, according to two people briefed on those discussions. ”

However, a department spokesperson denied that Barr issued such a directive. Brian T. Moran, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Washington, also threw cold water on the claim in a statement on Wednesday. No one in the department, he said, communicated with him that Durkan should be subject to a federal crime in relation to her handling of CHOP:

Throughout this lengthy period of civil unrest, I have had multiple conversations with Department of Justice leadership. They have asked for information about protest activity devolving into violence, about federal interests implicated by the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, and about the cases filed in this District regarding federal crimes. At no time has anyone at the Department communicated to me that Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan is, was, or should be the subject of a criminal investigation or should be charged with any federal crime related to the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP). As U.S. Attorney I would be aware of such an investigation.
Durkan responded to the report late Wednesday, calling it “chilling and the latest abuse of power from the Trump administration”:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-or...tonomous-zone/