Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default DOJ Lists New York City, Portland, Seattle ‘Jurisdictions’ Permitting Anarchy...

Yeps, and stamp down on them hard, ensure there isn't a repeat of their summer of love.

---

DOJ Lists New York City, Portland, Seattle ‘Jurisdictions’ Permitting Anarchy, Violence, Destruction of American Cities

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has announced a list of cities or “jurisdictions” in response to a Presidential Memorandum to review federal funding for cities where ongoing violent protests and riots have destroyed property and even resulted in deaths.

The DOJ said on Monday that Seattle, Portland, and New York City are on the list for review after President Donald Trump said cities that are permitting “anarchy, violence and destruction of American cities,” should not receive federal funding.

The memorandum said, in part:

It is the policy and purpose of the United States Government to protect the lives and property of all people in the United States from unlawful acts of violence and destruction. Without law and order, democracy cannot function. Americans cannot exercise their rights, including their rights to peaceful expression, assembly, and protest. Property is destroyed, and innocent citizens are injured or killed.

Unfortunately, anarchy has recently beset some of our States and cities. For the past few months, several State and local governments have contributed to the violence and destruction in their jurisdictions by failing to enforce the law, disempowering and significantly defunding their police departments, and refusing to accept offers of Federal law enforcement assistance. As a result of these State and local government policies, persistent and outrageous acts of violence and destruction have continued unabated in many of America’s cities, such as Portland, Seattle, and New York.
    Attorney General William Barr, said in the announcement:

When state and local leaders impede their own law enforcement officers and agencies from doing their jobs, it endangers innocent citizens who deserve to be protected, including those who are trying to peacefully assemble and protest. We cannot allow federal tax dollars to be wasted when the safety of the citizenry hangs in the balance. It is my hope that the cities identified by the Department of Justice today will reverse course and become serious about performing the basic function of government and start protecting their own citizens.
    The New York Post reported on the DOJ move:

White House budget director Russ Vought is set to issue guidance to federal agencies on withdrawing funds from the cities in less than two weeks.

The list of cities eligible for defunding will be updated periodically, the feds have said.

It is not yet clear what funds are likely to be cut, but the amount of money siphoned from New York City could be massive, given the Big Apple gets about $7 billion in annual federal aid.
    The DOJ announcement includes the criteria for jurisdictions to be on the list:

• Whether a jurisdiction forbids the police force from intervening to restore order amid widespread or sustained violence or destruction.
    • Whether a jurisdiction has withdrawn law enforcement protection from a geographical area or structure that law enforcement officers are lawfully entitled to access but have been officially prevented from accessing or permitted to access only in exceptional circumstances, except when law enforcement officers are briefly withheld as a tactical decision intended to resolve safely and expeditiously a specific and ongoing unlawful incident posing an imminent threat to the safety of individuals or law enforcement officers.
    • Whether a jurisdiction disempowers or defunds police departments.
    • Whether a jurisdiction unreasonably refuses to accept offers of law enforcement assistance from the Federal Government.
    • Any other related factors the Attorney General deems appropriate.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...erican-cities/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yeps, and stamp down on them hard, ensure there isn't a repeat of their summer of love.

---

DOJ Lists New York City, Portland, Seattle ‘Jurisdictions’ Permitting Anarchy, Violence, Destruction of American Cities

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has announced a list of cities or “jurisdictions” in response to a Presidential Memorandum to review federal funding for cities where ongoing violent protests and riots have destroyed property and even resulted in deaths.

The DOJ said on Monday that Seattle, Portland, and New York City are on the list for review after President Donald Trump said cities that are permitting “anarchy, violence and destruction of American cities,” should not receive federal funding.

The memorandum said, in part:

Attorney General William Barr, said in the announcement:

The New York Post reported on the DOJ move:

The DOJ announcement includes the criteria for jurisdictions to be on the list:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...erican-cities/
    Good move, though I do not understand any reason, other than political, not to have included Minneapolis.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Good move, though I do not understand any reason, other than political, not to have included Minneapolis.
    Agreed. And if me making the list there would be quite a few more on that list.

Minneapolis, where it all started, and the council voting 12-0 to abolish the police. Just the beginning

Washington, DC
    Louisville, KY
    Chicago, IL - if anything for the endless shootings. But also plenty of rioting
    Los Angeles

On the edge, IMO:
    Atlanta
    Phoenix
    Seattle
    Dallas
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Agreed. And if me making the list there would be quite a few more on that list.

Minneapolis, where it all started, and the council voting 12-0 to abolish the police. Just the beginning

Washington, DC
    Louisville, KY
    Chicago, IL - if anything for the endless shootings. But also plenty of rioting
    Los Angeles

On the edge, IMO:
    Atlanta
    Phoenix
    Seattle
    Dallas
    It seems to me that it has to be mayors and police that are not enforcing the laws, reason I left Chicago off, they actually gathered video to make the arrests of the looting. The shootings/murders are unfortunately a continuation of what has been happening for the past 5 years or so.

I expect we will see some of those cities you listed added, though I think Austin may be Texas's problem, more than Dallas.

I would argue that cities have little control of when these organized protests/riots occur, but they can be held responsible for not responding and DA's not charging!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill