Of course they are.

"It no longer feels like the NFL is about winning and losing games. It feels like it’s about lecturing fans around the clock."

I've said this myself as well. Same goes for tuning into any damn celebrities that think because they made a movie/tv show or whatever, that this means they know better than us?

*** An aside I read about - The same guy from the Steelers, Alejandro Villanueva, who instead of staying in the locker room like the rest of the time once before, came out in the tunnel to face the flag anyway. - Now this year, apparently every Steeler has the name of Antwon Rose Jr., a young black kid shot and killed by police in Pittsburgh. He took white tape over it and put the name of a soldier he honors, a black hero that died in war. - The Jemele Hill, where I read about this as she spoke out as a speaker at ESPN. She of course sees it disrespectful of him to do so. And then the kids Mom felt slighted, like she deserved a call from him. Huh? Nobody owes anyone anything. The rest of the team still honored the kid, and he honored someone who he deployed with. Yet another reason I can't stomach to watch it right now.

---

‘Sunday Night Football’ Viewership Declines 17% In The Early Ratings From Week 1

The Seattle Seahawks beating the New England Patriots on “Sunday Night Football” didn’t get great TV ratings.

According to Deadline, the early ratings are not impressive for “SNF” and the audience was only 12.22 million viewers on NBC.

That’s a 17% decline from Week 1. Now, the final numbers will almost certainly rise a little bit, but it’s still not pretty.

Well, this certainly isn’t a great look for the NFL at all. While it’s impossible to say one single thing has caused a decline, I have a feeling we all know one issue that has played a major role.

People hate how political pro sports have become. It’s just the truth. The average fan wants to kick back and enjoy the game.

That’s just the reality of the situation.

It no longer feels like the NFL is about winning and losing games. It feels like it’s about lecturing fans around the clock.

Average Americans don’t want to be lectured by millionaire athletes. They just don’t! Welcome to reality, my friends!

Hopefully, the NFL opens their eyes to what the fans and consumers want. If not, these ratings might not get better for a long time.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/21/s...ecline-week-1/