Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default 'Send me a text': Obama calls on Americans to get in touch with thoughts on US electi

'Send me a text': Obama calls on Americans to get in touch with thoughts on US election
    The Independent
    Matt Mathers
    ,The Independent•September 24, 2020
    'I'll be in touch from time to time to share what's on my mind, too' (Getty Images for EIF & XQ)
    'I'll be in touch from time to time to share what's on my mind, too' (Getty Images for EIF & XQ)
    Former president Barack Obama has issued a call for Americans to get in touch with their thoughts on the upcoming election, telling them: "Send me a text".

"All right, let's try something new," Mr Obama, 59, said in a message posted on his social media accounts on Wednesday.

"If you’re in the United States, send me a text at 773-365-9687 — I want to hear how you're doing, what's on your mind, and how you're planning on voting this year," he added.

"I'll be in touch from time to time to share what's on my mind, too."

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Unfortunately for fans of Mr Obama, the mobile phone number is unlikely to be his personal contact number; it corresponds with the dialing code of his adopted hometown of Chicago.

It is understood that Mr Obama has remained living in Washington D.C after leaving the White House in early 2017.

The text initiative is the latest effort by Mr Obama to help with the election campaign of his former running mate and ex-vice president Joe Biden.

Mr Obama has been actively trying to mobilise the vote for his long-time ally ahead of the November poll.

Just over a month out from November's election, Mr Biden, 77, still commands a strong lead over president. But that lead has narrowed in recent weeks, particularly in key battleground states.

Earlier this week, Mr Obama released a video on Twitter urging his followers to vote for Mr Biden to ensure America's democracy endures.

He said the stakes of the 2020 election are much bigger than "Joe or the man he is running to replace".

"What's at stake is whether or not our democracy endures," Mr Obama said in the video. "And the folks in power are hoping that you stay at home."
    If ever there existed a dangerous enemy of this nation-- that ffing maggot is it.
    I pity those that can not/do not see what an America hating piece of shit that asshole is..
    I despise that ffing traitor with every molecule in my body..
    I can not be the only one that truly sees what that maggot is...
    He vouches for Biden because Biden will continue his America weakening agenda-- his actions, his legacy..--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Yes...I have always been a sneaky ..lying Jihadist"

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Found a few photo's of Number 44 Scumbag...If you care to look.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post