Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Well, that stung

Not sure I mentioned this- I was stung recently by a yellow jacket that was lurking in my bed. It definitely hurt. We had been seeing them occasionally in our room, but didn’t know how they got in. Exterminator looked around and discovered they had built a hive in the wall right behind our bed. He sprayed some “dust” in there.

To say I was freaked out is an understatement. Anyway, we’ve been sleeping in the guest room for awhile. Found 6 more (1 alive, 5 dead) so I’m not going back yet. Ugh.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks aboutime, Kathianne, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Thank goodness you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Not sure I mentioned this- I was stung recently by a yellow jacket that was lurking in my bed. It definitely hurt. We had been seeing them occasionally in our room, but didn’t know how they got in. Exterminator looked around and discovered they had built a hive in the wall right behind our bed. He sprayed some “dust” in there.

To say I was freaked out is an understatement. Anyway, we’ve been sleeping in the guest room for awhile. Found 6 more (1 alive, 5 dead) so I’m not going back yet. Ugh.
    Abbey, both my wife, and I are allergic to all kinds of creepy insects, especially all bee's, wasps, hornets etc;. Crazy thing is. Here I am a veteran of two wars, and I'm scared to death of things smaller than me that hurt more than stubbing a toe.
    Good luck. Hope you get to sleep better soon.....yuuuuuk...
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

4. Thanks Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I detest bugs and especially wasps/hornets. Bees don't bother me. When I first moved to Tucson hd scorpions inside and out. I pretty much just killed them on site until one stung me. Called pest control immediately. They now come once a month. Spray inside and out. They also spray all my window sills. Put screens over vents in roof and fireplace. Also spread granules in yard that the bugs eat but kills scorpions when they eat bugs. And, we have rat bait boxes everywhere for packrats (because I missed one when it went over fence as I was shooting at it and I now have pock mark in stucco). We have wasp bait traps as well.

It is kinda sad to see the tarantulas die after a spray but I want no scorpions here. Haven't seen but one or two in house this year.

Abbey...not sure I'd feel safe for couple of weeks. Glad you're OK.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 09-24-2020 at 10:41 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks Kathianne, Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I detest bugs and especially wasps/hornets. Bees don't bother me. When I first moved to Tucson hd scorpions inside and out. I pretty much just killed them on site until one stung me. Called pest control immediately. They now come once a month. Spray inside and out. They also spray all my window sills. Put screens over vents in roof and fireplace. Also spread granules in yard that the bugs eat but kills scorpions when they eat bugs. And, we have rat bait boxes everywhere for packrats (because I missed one when it went over fence as I was shooting at it and I now have pock mark in stucco). We have wasp bait traps as well.

It is kinda sad to see the tarantulas die after a spray but I want no scorpions here. Haven't seen but one or otwo in house this year.

Abbey...not sure I'd feel safe for couple of weeks. Glad you're OK.
    Thanks Sassy. I really like your take no prisoners approach to all those nasty things. I really hate them and am afraid of wasps especially. I think scorpions would send me over the edge.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Thanks Sassy. I really like your take no prisoners approach to all those nasty things. I really hate them and am afraid of wasps especially. I think scorpions would send me over the edge.
    Yep. Don't like creepy crawlers in my personal space.

However, we don't kill rattlesnakes anymore. We put them in a bucket and walk them out into desert and dump them in the rat nests. We're happy and they're happy.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post