Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Student kicked off Zoom for Guns in background

Nope, but you would think so!

Just someone flying a Trump 2020 flag and a USA flag in the background. Can't have that now!! And I lay 10-1 odds that the parent who complained was in fact the teacher.

--

This week, parents flout pandemic rules and Trump flags cause controversy in virtual school

Students get in trouble for displaying Trump flags in Zoom classes

“Trump 2020” flags that are visible in virtual classes are causing distractions. On Tuesday, a student at Southridge High School in Kennewick, Wash., alleged he or she was dismissed from class when the teacher saw a flag on the wall that read, “Trump 2020 No More Bulls***,” according to KEPR-TV, which interviewed the child’s parents, who chose to remain anonymous.

The parents say the teacher of the English course “Sports in Literature” first raised objections in a personal chat message with the student, but he or she did not see it. Then the student was removed from the class. “It’s an unfortunate situation. If they were in school, this would not have happened,” the parents told KEPR-TV.

A representative of the Kennewick School District tells Yahoo Life, “We are aware of the allegations. The school administrators are in the process of doing their due diligence by conducting an investigation with staff and students to get all the facts.”

The alleged incident follows one in Texas. Edwin Prew, whose daughter attends eighth grade at the United Independent School District in Laredo, told KGNS-TV that her principal objected to a “Trump 2020” flag (hung alongside an American flag) on her wall.

“All of a sudden we get a phone call saying, ‘Hey, your flag [has] to come down’ — you know, claims saying that our flags were offensive,” he said. “So I asked her in what shape or form are they offensive. And she said, ‘Well, we had a parent complaint about the fact that your background, that you have the American flag and you have the Donald Trump flag.’”

Prew refused to remove the flag, claiming its message was neutral. “I did contact our Republican Party and I have contacted the state attorney general’s office and we will take this further because there is simply an infringement to our rights,” he told KGNS-TV.

A spokesperson from the UISD tells Yahoo Life of the Sept. 10 incident: “It is the practice of UISD not to discriminate based on viewpoint, and to apply content-neutral rules and regulations that neither endorse nor oppose a particular viewpoint, lest there be a material or substantial disruption to the learning environment.”

The district does not ask families to “take down” political signs in their own homes, added the spokesperson. “We simply request that all student backgrounds while in the virtual environment be clear of any displays that could cause a substantial disruption to the learning environment.”

And a California mother named Tiffany (who did not want her last name published) told CBS Sacramento that she and her son addressed the Colusa High School school board on Monday after his teacher threatened to kick him out of virtual class for a “Keep America Great” flag on his wall. The news station aired a recording, allegedly of the teacher giving the student a 10-second countdown to follow orders, before he voluntarily logged out of class.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/scho...181257495.html

Southridge student says they were kicked off zoom class for displaying Trump flag

KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A student at Southridge High School in Kennewick claims a teacher kicked them off a zoom class because of a Trump flag that was displayed on their wall.

The flag reads "Trump 2020 No More Bullshit". The parents of the child spoke to Action News and wished to remain anonymous on the matter. The parents of the student involved understand that there is profanity on the flag; however, they believe their child should be allowed to hang the flag in their own bedroom.

According to the parents of the student, their child was attending an English Sports and Literature class when the incident occurred. The parents tell Action News the teacher allegedly warned the student through the chat function of the zoom meeting but the child did not see the message from the instructor. The child's parents tell us that their child was then removed from class without further warning.

The teacher allegedly asked the student if they saw their messages prior to their removal from the class and the student says they did not. Parents of the student also tell Action News that their child has been told to remove a Trump hat they were wearing during a different zoom class.

Parents worry about the future of the class for their child. "It's an unfortunate situation. If they were in school this would not have happened."

Action News has reached out to the Kennewick School District regarding the incident. A spokesperson for the district responded to our inquiry with the following statement, "We are aware of the alleged situation. The school administrators are in the process of doing their due diligence by conducting an investigation with staff and students to get all the facts."

https://keprtv.com/news/local/southr...ing-trump-flag
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I mentioned something about this to my daughter early on. While school was on Zoom, Big Brother was in my house. That meant everything you said or did in any of the rooms being used was subject to Demtard, public school teacher approval. And you KNOW they are sitting in the background inspecting rooms, behavior, what-not.

I had to pretty-much shut up, stay away and avoid the topic. When Big Brother starts trying to tell me what I can have hanging in my bedroom, there's going to be a fight.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I would make my room and background into a monster Trump supporting, 2nd amendment supporting & conservative support.

And if they tell me to take down MY property in MY home?

I'll first take a nice slow gulp of my coffee....

And then I will quietly look both ways to ensure the coast is clear....

I'm gonna light one up out of disgust and continue to take my time....

And then, I'll tell the teacher and/or faculty.... "This is MY house, I am not in school. Thank you, but it's staying right where it's at." ...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I would make my room and background into a monster Trump supporting, 2nd amendment supporting & conservative support.

And if they tell me to take down MY property in MY home?

I'll first take a nice slow gulp of my coffee....

And then I will quietly look both ways to ensure the coast is clear....

I'm gonna light one up out of disgust and continue to take my time....

And then, I'll tell the teacher and/or faculty.... "This is MY house, I am not in school. Thank you, but it's staying right where it's at." ...
    LOL. I would have to put some thought into just how and who I wanted to offend was it just me. Problem is, the daughter's a school teacher. I have to walk around that al lot. They have no problem holding her accountable for someone else's behavior if it they don't like it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes jimnyc liked this post