Had a pair made by Kazuo Kawasaki - and those damn things back then cost me like $600, and the frames were too delicate and I killed them. Plus they were trifocals and my eyes just wouldn't adjust. And I'm on 2nd pair of prescription readers - and they are held together by crazy glue and duct tape!

So I said, no more expensive shit as it ain't worth it and they break. Had it all figured out this time, and just a pair of heavy duty prescription readers & regular prescription this time without that trifocal crap. I figured outside the payment for the exam, I would spend up to 200-300.

I don't know if this is typical of "Lenscrafters" where I went. They were better than my normal place, everything is digital in the exam for exact testing and measurements. Problem is - they don't offer a lot of their own lenses & frames, or they hide them, and everything out on the floor is mostly good to designer. And God forbid I just stick to my guns. Nope, like a kid in a candy store!! But I was fairly gentle.

I am getting bifocal readers, as reading a foot away and 3 feet away is a big difference for my eyes. Just regular glasses with them. And of course I beelined it to the sunglasses. Just didn't know the doctor would talk me into prescription sunglasses, but for the best.

Readers, made by Sferoflex

Distance, by Ray Ban

Prescription sunglasses, Prada Linea Rossa (I bought almost same pair on Ebay, fu**er lied and was from China, took forever, and they were fakes!!)