Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Eddie Van Halen has died

What a damn shame. 65 years old and he's gone. He had tongue cancer in the past and then on to throat cancer after he beat the first.

He lived a wild and crazy lifestyle. Was in one of the most famous bands of all time, using his last name. IMO, was one of the best guitarists of all time. Easily in my top 7 list. But they're all God's on that list.

He lived fast and died young, but older than your typical young rocker death.

In the early 80's I fell in love with Van Halen as one of the first bands I loved. And they broke up a few years later, but rocked on with Sammy Hagar and Roth here and there.

RIP to Eddie - or by his full real name which I didn't know until he passed - Edward Lodewijk Van Halen

--

Legendary Rocker Eddie Van Halen Dead At 65

Legendary rocker Eddie Van Halen lost his long battle with cancer on Tuesday. He was 65.

“I can’t believe I am having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning,” Wolf Van Halen tweeted to his many followers, along with a black-and-white photo of the famous guitarist and co-founder of the rock band Van Halen. The post was noted by Fox News.

“He was the best father I could ever ask for,” Wolf added. “Every moment I’ve shared with him on and off the stage was a gift.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/06/r...ead-65-cancer/

Here's Eddie playing "Frankenstein" - which he named his now infamous guitar

Eddie along with David Lee Roth

A very young Eddie in his usual get up back then

Another iconic image of Eddie doing his usual high split

The entire band in the 80's, in their prime

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wow, guys I've even forgotten about, and all the Gods in the guitar and rock n roll world have all paid tribute to Eddie Van Halen. Some great musicians and fine people right here!! And so many others.

I mentioned that Eddie was in my top 7. I say that as I don't want to put anyone 1st, 2nd or 3rd, or after that. All so great in their own ways and hate to place on over another. So all top 7...

Eddie Van Halen, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Chris Impellitteri & Prince.

MY top 7 and Eddie only listed first out of respect. In my view, all are equally as great! And yep, Prince was absolutely an awesome guitarist! As is one most probably don't know.

Then to add to the list of greats, also in no order of who's better...

Randy Rhoads, Carlos Santana, Ace Frehley, Slash, Michael Schenker, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck...

And yeah, I know, some missing, more greats! My opinion, so bite me!

First one of the greatest guitar solos of all time by Eddie - "Eruption"

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Eddie Van Halen has died

Eddie Van Halen was, in my opinion, the greatest guitarist since Jimi Hendrix. I just can’t think of anyone alive today who came close to his level of skill.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

5. Likes jimnyc liked this post