What a damn shame. 65 years old and he's gone. He had tongue cancer in the past and then on to throat cancer after he beat the first.

He lived a wild and crazy lifestyle. Was in one of the most famous bands of all time, using his last name. IMO, was one of the best guitarists of all time. Easily in my top 7 list. But they're all God's on that list.

He lived fast and died young, but older than your typical young rocker death.

In the early 80's I fell in love with Van Halen as one of the first bands I loved. And they broke up a few years later, but rocked on with Sammy Hagar and Roth here and there.

RIP to Eddie - or by his full real name which I didn't know until he passed - Edward Lodewijk Van Halen

--

Legendary Rocker Eddie Van Halen Dead At 65

Legendary rocker Eddie Van Halen lost his long battle with cancer on Tuesday. He was 65.

“I can’t believe I am having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning,” Wolf Van Halen tweeted to his many followers, along with a black-and-white photo of the famous guitarist and co-founder of the rock band Van Halen. The post was noted by Fox News.

“He was the best father I could ever ask for,” Wolf added. “Every moment I’ve shared with him on and off the stage was a gift.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/06/r...ead-65-cancer/

Here's Eddie playing "Frankenstein" - which he named his now infamous guitar

Eddie along with David Lee Roth

A very young Eddie in his usual get up back then

Another iconic image of Eddie doing his usual high split

The entire band in the 80's, in their prime