Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Private Messages

Never really knew it as I guess I never tried before. But apparently you're unable to make an attachment within the PM system. Well that sucks!

So now you can! When sending a PM or replying to someone - look at the very bottom of the options and you'll see "Manage Attachments", and you can include one in the same manner as making a post.

A few other additions you will see:

When you now go to your Inbox - the sender of the PM's will show a small version of that member's avatar.

Move your mouse over the title of any PM and a preview box will pop up showing the first few lines of the PM.

At the very top you will first see a table that displays: How many messages in your inbox, how many messages stored in total & how many you have allowed and a percentage of used. And additionally, now an option to easily download all of your messages should you want to. (and a folder picker in the upper right of that table with a drop down arrow).

Haven't seen it yet as I haven't gotten a PM since, but: Apparently a different notification when you have one waiting & supposedly blinking at the top. I'll wait to see how annoying that appears.

Getting a PM if a member is quoted in a post. Someone asked for this about 7 or 8 years ago or so, here it is!!

Then a few more additions on the back end.

Lemme know or report here any issues.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Thank you Jim.

Is it possible to sort by sender so I don't have to scroll through every one if I'm looking for a specific sender?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Thank you Jim.

Is it possible to sort by sender so I don't have to scroll through every one if I'm looking for a specific sender?
    That you can already do.

Go to your inbox, and at the top left you'll see this:

Click on sender and it'll sort by sender starting with the beginning of the alphabet and then you can click it again to reverse them
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

For what it's worth, if you show up here like I just did and have a bunch of PM's, and find out they are notices that you were quoted in a thread, and don't like this option:

On the upper right of the board where the notifications are - click on Settings

Then once in there, on the left menu list - you will now see this option and that's where you can control this:

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The blinking stopped! THANK YOU. Yes it was annoying.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

10. Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You can forget that I added this option - for now. I can change the blinking and other aesthetics, but a bug appeared that is a must to fix before it can be used. If I reenable it I will let everyone know.

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, Mr. P thanked this post