Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Kaepernick just tossed it all out the window IMO

Here's what I truly think about Kaepernick and how it all played out. He was being benched and not getting the same time on field that he was previously. So he sat on the bench and refused to get up for the national anthem. It was filmed obviously and lead to the first controversy and they labeled it "Kap refuses to stand for anthem" - when I believe the truth is "Kap was being an angry baby and refused to be with his teammates and then remained seating for anthem as well".

They also point out that he sat once before (Aug 14th). And appears his 1st answer is known, but appears to me that he sat, didn't say a word about any protest and didn't until asked about it after the 2nd time.

So, he started refusing to stand in the beginning of the preseason of 2016. The claim is that what maybe propelled him was shootings that year. But what they don't rush to tell you - is that he was changed to backup beginning in season of 2016.

You won't see this video plastered on the MSM, or them leading the story with it and explaining. This video was long forgotten and then it was kneeling.

So I think that his intentions weren't started in a manner of protest about systemic racism and the police, but I think it was more about him protesting not starting.

---

Anyway - not even why I posted.

I post because after ALL that went down in 4 years and ALL he stood up for and all the people that donated money and may have truly believed in him - he just tossed it all away and his true colors came out, or they will say he changed for whatever reason.

If people still think he's spot on and what he wants is what should happen, then they're as nutty as he is.

---

'F*** Reform:' Kaepernick Starts Month-long Movement for Abolition, Dismantling of Policing

In response to the "state-sanctioned lynchings" of Breonna Taylor and George Floyd, the radical Colin Kaepernick is spearheading a movement to dismantle the carceral state and demand abolition. The former NFL anthem protester introduced the "Abolition for the People" movement in a partnership between Kaepernick Publishing and LEVEL, a Medium publication for and about the lives of black and brown men.

LEVEL plans to run a series of 30 essays and conversations in the next month rejecting policing and prison reforms. Kaepernick justifies the purpose of the movement by writing:

"Those who have been terrorized by law enforcement, those who have had enough of their very existence being criminalized, and those who have dedicated their lives to the cause of liberation by any means necessary are demanding the abolition of the carceral state — the institutions, structures, and practices of anti-Black state-sanctioned violence that violates the fundamental humanity of Black and Indigenous people and people of color."
    Kaepernick now says he was wrong about the need for reform when he began kneeling during the Star Spangled Banner preceding NFL games in 2016. He says he was reacting to seeing "Black death all around me at the hands of the police. I saw little to no accountability for police officers who had murdered them. It is not a matter of bad apples spoiling the bunch but interlocking systems that are rotten to their core." Systemic problems demand systemic solutions, he writes.

"Despite the steady cascade of anti-Black violence across this country," Kaepernick hopes we can build a future that "imagines justice differently" -- a world without the "terror of policing and prisons." The 30 essays will focus on "anti-Black state violence and terrorism," centered around the weekly themes of "police and policing, prisons and carcerality, fuck reform, and abolition now."

The more Kaepernick has learned about the history and evolution of policing in the U.S., the more he says he understands the roots of "white supremacy and anti-Blackness." He compares a 1701 South Carolina law permitting whites to beat black slaves for resisting to what happened to Rodney King in 1991.

By abolishing policing and prisons, American can create a utopia, Kaepernick asserts. He predicts "not only can we eliminate white supremacist establishments, but we can create space for budgets to be reinvested directly into communities to address mental health needs, homelessness and houselessness, access to education, and job creation as well as community-based methods of accountability. This is a future that centers the needs of the people, a future that will make us safer, healthier, and truly free."

Capitalism is also a hallmark of racism, the NFL reject says. He agrees with Ruth Wilson Gilmore, a prison abolitionist and prison scholar, who said in an interview that “capitalism requires inequality, and racism enshrines it."

Kaepernick hopes the 30 essays will convince people to stop being complicit in the perpetuation of racism and take action to dismantle it for the benefit of a just future.

Among Kaepernick's one-liners are:

Blacks in prisons "have been criminalized and caged, in most cases, for being redlined into economic despair."

"The central intent of policing is to surveil, terrorize, capture, and kill marginalized populations, specifically Black folks."

"Abolition now. Abolition for the people."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cu...ment-abolition
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Kaepernick knows his football career is dead, and he is struggling mightily to remain relevant. Beats working for a living, right?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default I am all for.....

IGNORING the DIRTBAG, and for ceasing ALL mentions of his slimy name. He already gets too much attention for being a spoiled, rich kid full of hate and ignorance for the rest of Humanity...no matter who they are.

I am glad he isn't able to Impress himself in anybody's uniform anymore.
    He deserves all of the horrible consequences of being such a Lousy excuse for stupidity, ignorance, and selfishness.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

5. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    IGNORING the DIRTBAG, and for ceasing ALL mentions of his slimy name. He already gets too much attention for being a spoiled, rich kid full of hate and ignorance for the rest of Humanity...no matter who they are.

I am glad he isn't able to Impress himself in anybody's uniform anymore.
    He deserves all of the horrible consequences of being such a Lousy excuse for stupidity, ignorance, and selfishness.
    I'm for someone shooting his lame ass.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes aboutime liked this post