So my wife is always nagging at me that I use too much water.

Showering is a piece of cake and in and outta there in like 18 seconds flat using the 2+2+1 method.

Doing dishes is an entirely different ballgame! Unless your name is Cosmo Kramer, you likely aren't eating off of where you shower at. So since my food is going on all the stuff that I clean, I make sure it clean it well! Yeah, we have a dishwasher. But I hate putting barely used bowls of any size in there. Same with all knives other than a butter knife. Certain hard plastic large glasses I prefer not to take up space with. All pots and pans I do by hand. 3 dog bowls every time, sometimes more as there are 6 we rotate. Every day plenty of things to do by hand.

I use HOT water on certain things to let soak for a tad, and then very warm water to do the dishes & then cooler for other things and rinsing. And she gets mad at not just the volume used but that I leave it running. I try to use it non-stop as well but not perfect. I wouldn't even guess on the gallons used daily on dishes, but a lot.

She will fill a large bowl with very warm water and soap and just use that to do the dishes. She's a gentle washer. I'm more of a power washer, and it's blasting out and water goes everywhere! I clean it all up. I tried that way a bunch and it doesn't work for me.

TL;DR:

So, what I invented was a device that holds approximately 3-5 gallons of hot to warm water, and allows you to recycle it non-stop as you do the dishes. It cleans out the dirty crap as it recycles, giving you hot clean water until you are done. - Now, all I need - and this is where someone tells me it exists already and link me to it in order to make fun of me. I'll take the mocking and the link happily!!