Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Debate Commission Will Silence Microphones in Final Debate

All the censorship taking place, and they already removed foreign policy from the final debate. He had to deal with debating Guthrie, and now let's see how often they mute him and if deserved. Hopefully they won't need it and Trump won't interrupt as much, and neither will Biden.

--

Debate Commission Will Silence Microphones in Final Debate

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) has adopted a new rule ahead of Thursday’s second and final presidential debate and will silence the microphone of the candidate who does not have the floor during the uninterrupted two-minute periods at the start of each segment.

The Commission cited their prior announcement to consider “additional structure” to future debates following the first presidential debate with moderator Chris Wallace. The first debate saw several interruptions from both candidates and Wallace. While Joe Biden (D) set the tone by interrupting first, Wallace later stated that Trump bore the “primary responsibility” for what occurred during the debate.

“The Commission has determined that it is appropriate to adopt measures intended to promote adherence to agreed upon rules and inappropriate to make changes to those rules,” it said in a statement, detailing its plan to enforce the rule:

Under the agreed upon debate rules, each candidate is to have two minutes of uninterrupted time to make remarks at the beginning of each 15 minute segment of the debate. These remarks are to be followed by a period of discussion. Both campaigns this week again reaffirmed their agreement to the two-minute, uninterrupted rule. The Commission is announcing today that in order to enforce this agreed upon rule, the only candidate whose microphone will be open during these two-minute periods is the candidate who has the floor under the rules. For the balance of each element, which by design is intended to be dedicated to open discussion, both candidates’ microphones will be open.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-final-debate/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    All the censorship taking place, and they already removed foreign policy from the final debate. He had to deal with debating Guthrie, and now let's see how often they mute him and if deserved. Hopefully they won't need it and Trump won't interrupt as much, and neither will Biden.

--

Debate Commission Will Silence Microphones in Final Debate

The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) has adopted a new rule ahead of Thursday’s second and final presidential debate and will silence the microphone of the candidate who does not have the floor during the uninterrupted two-minute periods at the start of each segment.

The Commission cited their prior announcement to consider “additional structure” to future debates following the first presidential debate with moderator Chris Wallace. The first debate saw several interruptions from both candidates and Wallace. While Joe Biden (D) set the tone by interrupting first, Wallace later stated that Trump bore the “primary responsibility” for what occurred during the debate.

“The Commission has determined that it is appropriate to adopt measures intended to promote adherence to agreed upon rules and inappropriate to make changes to those rules,” it said in a statement, detailing its plan to enforce the rule:

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-final-debate/
    They didn't 'remove' foreign policy' it was part of the skipped debate. I don't like the silencing of mics, but it was agreed that the commission had the ability to adjust. Why do the Republicans time and again agree to the moderators, the rules, and that the mods get to set the questions? I guess that's a question to them.

It seems to be a problem each and every time since this commission was established.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    They didn't 'remove' foreign policy' it was part of the skipped debate. I don't like the silencing of mics, but it was agreed that the commission had the ability to adjust. Why do the Republicans time and again agree to the moderators, the rules, and that the mods get to set the questions? I guess that's a question to them.

It seems to be a problem each and every time since this commission was established.
    Exactly. The Republicans should refuse to participate in these "debates". They're nothing of the sort.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks aboutime, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default They need to be honest with the American people and call it what it really is....

"The DNC/BIDEN Commission on Limiting Free Speech With A Silencer Microphone!"
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Exactly. The Republicans should refuse to participate in these "debates". They're nothing of the sort.
    They know exactly what they're doing, and they inserted the mic mute. A bunch have stated that he should simply ask Joe himself directly during the debate, and jam it in there somewhere so that folks hear about it But they'll mute him now. But if me, I would just do it again at another time when answering.

Like answering to a national security question and part way through just "and it's like also the current situation with..." and state clearly & politely about the case. If they mute, repeat again. Don't turn it into a rude shit show, but simply and politely state your case. If you get muted while doing that it'll look more improper of them IMO.

They need to fix that commission. Fix the entire setup and ensure it's fair all the way around, and I think it's time to change the way moderators are chosen now. At minimum, make them say 4 debates and 2 moderators chosen by whatever sides are involved somehow.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If the orange wonder could keep his mouth shut, they wouldn't need to mute anything.

The terms of thee debate, which wonder boy and his campaign agreed to, were that the moderators got to choose whatever subjects they wanted, so no one *took away* foreign policy.

I'm looking forward to watching the bloated buffoon make a fool of himself on Thursday. I know he will.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Who is going to mute the moderator?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Likes aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

I'm looking forward to watching the bloated buffoon make a fool of himself on Thursday. I know he will.
    I thought you liked Biden.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

12. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Last edited by Mr. P; 10-20-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I really don't need a debate.

I've seen what Trump has done for this country after being obstructed every single day for the last four years. If you haven't you have cranial rectitis, it's curable unlike TDS.

Biden has been at it for 47 years and now he's going to fix it all? I don't think so.

It's a no brainer.....TRUMP 2020 !!!
    Just sayin
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes aboutime liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I thought you liked Biden.
    I'm not crazy about him, but any functioning adult will be an upgrade over Mr Trump.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Thanks...

I'm not crazy about him, but any functioning adult will be an upgrade over Mr Trump.
    For admitting your Unqualified status as well. Take another shot of your TDS medicine with 10 fluid ounces of DNC cesspool Swamp water, and call Biden in the morning.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

18. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Common Man!...."

20. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    For admitting your Unqualified status as well. Take another shot of your TDS medicine with 10 fluid ounces of DNC cesspool Swamp water, and call Biden in the morning.
    Can I get some dressing to go with this fine looking word salad?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

"Common Man!...."

Your turn.