Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default A hard week for the Coast Guard

BUXTON, N.C. — Four people were killed and at least two others injured in a fire that damaged the homes of Coast Guard members on North Carolina’s Outer Banks, authorities said.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that the four people who died in Friday morning’s fire in Buxton were a Coast Guard member’s family.

The fire damaged multiple homes, displacing three other Coast Guard members and their families, officials said.

Copied from USCG Sta Hatteras Facebook page, please help and send in any donations. There are all kinds of ways to help which is listed below.

Thank you To our Family, Friends, and Community, We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support during this trying time. The unfortunate event that has devastated our Coast Guard and local community, not only claimed lives but also left families with very little personal belongings.

Due to the overwhelming outpour of support and requests to help us, we have put together the following list of items that are needed by the families. Thank you for all of your support and kind words.

~Station Hatteras Inlet 9 children:-Boys 12, 7, 7, 4, 2 and 7 months-Girls are 7, 7, 2

CLOTHING:-Girls clothing size 7/8-Girls shoes size 2 -Girls clothing 3t-Girls clothing size 8/10-Boys clothing size XS or XL adult-Boys youth M-Boys 8 slim-Boys 5T-Boys 4T-Boys 12 month-Mens shirts size XL-Mens pants size 38-Womens shirts size 18/20-Womens pants size 20 or 22-Womens shirts 10 size, M or L

ITEMS:-Standard hygiene items-Standard house hold items-Boxes -Storage Space-Toys/games

ADDRESSES:ATTN: Officer in Charge Mailing and drop off location: (Amazon/FedEx/UPS) Coast Guard Station Hatteras Inlet 59248 Coast Guard Road Hatteras, NC 27943 Coast Guard Station Oregon Inlet Coast Guard Street Nags Head, NC 27959 Point of Contact: Brett Bonner

U.S. Coast Guard Aids to Navigation Team Wanchese 908 Harbor Rd, Wanchese, NC 27981(252) 473-1531 Shipping Address: (gift cards/cash)

Coast Guard Station Hatteras Inlet PO Box 579 Hatteras, NC 27943

CHECKS: Made to: Crystal Coast CPOA Mailed to: Crystal Coast CPOA 2741 Juneberry LN SE Southport, NC 28461

Any questions please contact Station Hatteras Inlet. (252) 986-2176
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

And this;

A Coast Guard officer has been identified as one of two service members who died Friday in the crash of a T-6B Texan II trainer in Alabama.
    Ensign Morgan Garrett, of Waxhaw, N.C., died when her aircraft went down, striking two cars and a house, according to local news reports.

One other person in the plane also died, but has not yet been identified.
    Last edited by Bilgerat; 10-25-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post