Does anyone here take any medications for headaches? At least medicantions outside of the typical over the counter stuff?

I was prescribed Imitrex aka Sumatriptan about a month ago or so. It's quite quick acting as a nasal spray.

Here's the issue - the prescriptions come with a box full of the medication - but it's just 6 dosages inside, each it's individual own one time use spray. But it's $284 for those doses!! With insurance!!

And now I need a refill already. Yep, used all 6 already. 2 times I had to take multiple dosages over a 2 hour period which is allowed. Then 2 other headaches. Good news is that those 3 times it eventually beat the migraine. One time was within 20 minutes.

But I read of a few that you can get with syringes as well. Not a huge fan of needles but would gladly stab myself when I have a migraine if it works.

So looking around for better medications if possible, and more reasonably priced.

Who else gets them? How often? How bad are they? What have you taken for them, and what works for you?