Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Murphy's Law

So I wake late today. Wanted to be up early and was up at 5:30. Figured I would sleep a tad longer and then woke up at 10:30. Went down to get a coffee, popped a new K-cup into my Keurig machine, and the door wouldn't close on it. WTF? I tried and tried, and tried a little harder until a little black piece shot across the room. Looking for new Keurig right now. So now I gotta use my crappy old machine temporarily. It's election day and my package arrived early from the White House!! Sweet, ordered me a few things. I open it and WTF, it's not my stuff? At least a nice flag in there, but where's my nice Sharpie Trump pens? Well hell, they aren't even on the packing slip. Well hell, my name isn't on the packing slip! It's some lady in Maryland and not even my order, but the package is addressed properly.

I also ordered a digital thermostat for the forehead. I test my head and it's 1 degree. I test Diana and it's all over the map each time. Same with kiddo. They messing with it now but I think I chose a piece of crap.

I also got a 4 aa AAA one hour battery charger. Also a C D battery charger. I'm, afraid to plug them in and test now! LOL

I come back upstairs and trip halfway and no half my cup of java gotta be cleaned up. And now I gotta go get me another coffee again.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So I wake late today. Wanted to be up early and was up at 5:30. Figured I would sleep a tad longer and then woke up at 10:30. Went down to get a coffee, popped a new K-cup into my Keurig machine, and the door wouldn't close on it. WTF? I tried and tried, and tried a little harder until a little black piece shot across the room. Looking for new Keurig right now. So now I gotta use my crappy old machine temporarily. It's election day and my package arrived early from the White House!! Sweet, ordered me a few things. I open it and WTF, it's not my stuff? At least a nice flag in there, but where's my nice Sharpie Trump pens? Well hell, they aren't even on the packing slip. Well hell, my name isn't on the packing slip! It's some lady in Maryland and not even my order, but the package is addressed properly.

I also ordered a digital thermostat for the forehead. I test my head and it's 1 degree. I test Diana and it's all over the map each time. Same with kiddo. They messing with it now but I think I chose a piece of crap.

I also got a 4 aa AAA one hour battery charger. Also a C D battery charger. I'm, afraid to plug them in and test now! LOL

I come back upstairs and trip halfway and no half my cup of java gotta be cleaned up. And now I gotta go get me another coffee again.
    I think you should lock the door and return to bed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think you should lock the door and return to bed.
    About how I'm feeling! LOL

But I already need a refill. Gonna go on a mission down to the main floor and take my life in my hands! Plus, I HAVE to hit the public to go vote in a bit!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes Kathianne, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

About how I'm feeling! LOL

But I already need a refill. Gonna go on a mission down to the main floor and take my life in my hands! Plus, I HAVE to hit the public to go vote in a bit!!
    I voted earlier. I'm scheduled to work 4-9:30. I'm going in 'with a headache' and two friends have promised to text me if anything is happening, (keep in mind that 9:30 here is 11:30 EST). If so, I'll go home early, sick. Otherwise, I'll just wait to come home and see what's going on.

If no texts, 2 breaks and I'll be checking in, so IF you see something of interest, please post!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Likes jimnyc, NightTrain, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Jim, go vote for Trump and then go back to bed. Days like that are how people murder themselves.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Was in the middle of a post, don't even remember if I was making a new thread or replying. 5

Picked up my coffee and it immediately fell out of my hands. Coffee all over the keyboard, all over my desk, dripping to the floor & then handle of the mug broke into 3 pieces.

I shit you not about all of this, even my wife is laughing in a sad manner and telling me to stay put. My fingers are now shaky due to part this all happening and part because of being angry at myself.

Gonna be a little nervous on the road, a little hiccup there and no coffee dropped but perhaps an accident!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Was in the middle of a post, don't even remember if I was making a new thread or replying. 5

Picked up my coffee and it immediately fell out of my hands. Coffee all over the keyboard, all over my desk, dripping to the floor & then handle of the mug broke into 3 pieces.

I shit you not about all of this, even my wife is laughing in a sad manner and telling me to stay put. My fingers are now shaky due to part this all happening and part because of being angry at myself.

Gonna be a little nervous on the road, a little hiccup there and no coffee dropped but perhaps an accident!

You're in NY. Your vote doesn't matter. So, stay home!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You're in NY. Your vote doesn't matter. So, stay home!
    And with the wife and work and then me 'possibly' having the virus, so I'm thinking of calling it a day. I think it would be the responsible thing to do anyway. My luck Trump loses by a single vote in NY - but this IS NY after all and ain't hope in hell of that happening.

An N99 mask and a couple pairs of gloves... but I still think I can pass it IF I were to be a carrier.

I know the right thing to do in my heart...

14. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Geez, Jim! You are a walking menace to yourself. Kath is right- go back to bed, and let Nero make everything right.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey