Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Liberals in the family

My 21 year old granddaughter, a teacher graduating from University of Arizona next year, voted Democrat. My 18 year old grandson, who works in the family business, voted Republican, as did my daughter (who is probably more pro Trump than anyone on this board). I think it's going to be difficult to have family gatherings for awhile because the topic of the day will be "who is really our President?"

Anyone else have this dynamic?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    My 21 year old granddaughter, a teacher graduating from University of Arizona next year, voted Democrat. My 18 year old grandson, who works in the family business, voted Republican, as did my daughter (who is probably more pro Trump than anyone on this board). I think it's going to be difficult to have family gatherings for awhile because the topic of the day will be "who is really our President?"

The wifey and I solidly on the right - and yet 2 little liberals in the household. And if you talk to them over time you will see where they get all their info from - schools.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Easy fix: Don't attend family gatherings where you get hassled for any reason, including politically. I suspect many of the relatives that I grew up with voted for Biden for President because they are deceased. Even so, that's no reason to spit on their grave.

** I had to edit and specify "for President" since Biden was already in politics when some of my Great Grandparents were alive in the 1980s.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-09-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

5. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HELL YES! Not with the immediate family though. it's the outlaw side of the family.

They're Yellow dog Dems that only listen to and believe the MSM. Old school Dems are for the working man....blah blah.

There is NO discussion of truth nor facts with these folks. It's like talking to a box of rocks! I've stopped trying honestly.

Luckily we are all in different states so holiday get togethers don't happen these days.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

7. Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Family before politics.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My granddaughter and I have agreed to not discuss the political landscape at this time.

My daughter was a liberal Democrat until Hilary and Obama. She didn't like either one and started paying attention to everything on the platform, not just one policy. Plus, her and hubby own several businesses so she became a capitalist.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

11. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

My granddaughter and I have agreed to not discuss the political landscape at this time.

My daughter was a liberal Democrat until Hilary and Obama. She didn't like either one and started paying attention to everything on the platform, not just one policy. Plus, her and hubby own several businesses so she became a capitalist.

I have a half-sister that was on the city council. I was very active on a tax freeze ballot question back in 1994. She took it personally since it would mean less money for city hall. We haven't had anything to do with each other since unless you count my starting an effort to prosecute her for estate fraud in 2004, but not completing it because she stopped her shenanigans.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.