Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    Back in 68 I went for my physical in Oakland. When told to follow a colored line I asked why. I was given a 1-y classification. You might be wasting your time with me as a recruit.
    Who said anything about recruiting? Just a cup-o-joe and a good conversation.

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFbombloader View Post
    Who said anything about recruiting? Just a cup-o-joe and a good conversation.

AF
    That could be fun.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Malkin has zero class. Her "patriotism" has always been for sale.
    Malkin is a known liar, cheat and hypocrite. She is even lower than Coulter, who at least has a decent education.

As for military recruiters, they are obviously getting more desperate by the hour. How are they supposed to meet their quotas when the American public is growing increasing wiser to the lies and deceit of the Pentagon brass?

Lastly, being a veteran is honorable, but it does not give you a free pass through life. It does not make you braver, smarter or more important to the person standing next to you. Your opinions do not matter more than someone else's, nor do they carry more weight.
    You still need to make something out of the remainder of your life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Malkin has zero class. Her "patriotism" has always been for sale.
    Malkin is a known liar, cheat and hypocrite. She is even lower than Coulter, who at least has a decent education.

As for military recruiters, they are obviously getting more desperate by the hour. How are they supposed to meet their quotas when the American public is growing increasing wiser to the lies and deceit of the Pentagon brass?

Lastly, being a veteran is honorable, but it does not give you a free pass through life. It does not make you braver, smarter or more important to the person standing next to you. Your opinions do not matter more than someone else's, nor do they carry more weight.
    You are so wise for your 25 yrs....
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Actually, I am wise for my 23 years.
    What do you have to show for your much greater numbered years?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you have to show for your much greater numbered years?
    Common sense, Manners, Morals, Decency towards others, Respect( for those who deserve it), Patience(some of the times),Thinking for myself..
    A love for my country, a love for freedom and for those who put their lives on the front lines to give us those freedom..
    Did I say...thinking for myself...

We all grow through out our yrs. in life..

You should be enjoying your young life, your new marriage, thinking of having a happy life...
    Last edited by stephanie; 09-22-2007 at 04:16 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you have that shows we "are obviously getting more desperate"? I am an Air Force Recruiter so I think we can have this discussion. Do you know who is coming into the offices? Do you know what they are looking for? Please inform me of "the lies and deceit" you are speaking of.

Being a veteran does not make any of us better that those who have not served. But it does make us different. It takes a certain kind of person to give their time to serve and I feel we should be recognized. I don't see where anyone said we are braver, smarter, or more important.

AF
    Last edited by AFbombloader; 09-22-2007 at 05:41 AM.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I highly recommend the book "10 EXCELLENT REASONS NOT TO JOIN THE MILITARY". I met one of the authors, Rae Abileah in DC this summer.
    http://www.10reasonsbook.com/killed.htm
    Recruiters promise college tuition, success and adventure. They say you'll never see combat and can choose any job you want. But these promises evaporate as soon as a young recruit signs her contract. Weill-Greenberg writes about her own experience with recruiters as an undercover journalist, and interviews military parents and students. Through testimony and statistics she shows that if a recruiter's pitch sounds too good to be true that's because it is.

"'You could get shot -- God forbid -- in front of your apartment. More people were killed in New York last week than Iraq,' the Sergeant told me repeating one of the recruiters' favorite mantras.

Recruiters will do or say just about anything to convince young people that the Army is not about war. No, the military isn't all guns and tears and pain. It's hip, cool, rebellious even. (My recruiter told me to 'cut the umbilical cord' when I said I didn't think my mom would approve.)"
    Raes part:
    "Given the state of the economy at the moment, it is unsurprising that 33 percent of male recruits and 39 percent of female recruits report that they enter the military to get money for college. Unfortunately, the military is often so desperate to meet quotas and is itself so strapped for cash that these are empty promises; most recruits never see any of this money. Rather than take a gamble on a lot of hot air from military recruiters, it's possible to find tuition money from a reputable source."
    A majority of Americans say the Iraq war was a mistake and more and more people are demanding the US immediately withdraw troops. But deployed soldiers must fight no matter what their personal beliefs -- or risk imprisonment. What's so honorable about participating in something you know is wrong?

"Shortly after Chas joined, he realized the army was not the noble profession he had imagined. He found that the military was about dehumanization of the enemy and the soldiers themselves. Chas explained that this process started in boot camp with 'sick, twisted' drills, like Sniper Wonderland:

'See the little girl with the puppy; Lock and load a hollow pointed round ... Take the shot and maybe if you're lucky; You'll watch their lifeless bodies hit the ground ...'

'You're singing these things and you know they're wrong,' Chas said. 'But if you don't say it, you'll catch so much hell. You're scared to death and you have to say it.'"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    I highly recommend the book "10 EXCELLENT REASONS NOT TO JOIN THE MILITARY". I met one of the authors, Rae Abileah in DC this summer.

Raes part:
    I could give you 100 good reasons to join. The author had an experience with one or a few recruiters. I guess that makes all recruiters the same? Wow, how prejudicial.
    Your post states that you cannot get what the recruiters tell you you can. I can tell you that is not true. I am in school. I know a lot of people who are using the college money the AF gave them. Over 20,000 Air Force members earned assosicates degrees in 2005 and over 4,000 earned Bachelors degrees. I have the stats at work and can add them to this post next week if you don't believe me. Now the Army might be a different thing, but you lumped all recruiters into one group.

AF

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First off, its nice too se you being friendly. You dont have to hate people you disagree with, and sorry you were treated in a racist mannor. that should never be allowed or tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    That could be fun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey i just turned 27, were not all bad, us yougins.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    You are so wise for your 25 yrs....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Obama, what i am upset about is not your or any one else who holds the opinion that people shouldnt join the military, (which i must admit is ironic because people have died fighting for yours and my right to hold our own opinions), but when some people on the left, verbally harass recruiters, and illegally stop them from doing their jobs. That is against the law, and people who do such should be put in jail. When people on the left, shout down a conservative speaker on a college campus, verbally and or physically threaten him/her or other students they dont agree with politicaly, they are acting like facists, for you see facism says, if you dont agree with me, you will be jailed, killed, threatened with physical violence, and shouted down.

A republic, which we live in only thrives when all ideas are allowed to be discussed and rise and fall on their own merit, not emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post

Raes part: