Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default It's almost as if none of the "virus mitigation" measures work

It's almost as if none of the "virus mitigation" measures work

last week...
    Quote:
    Gov Steve Sisolak
    "If we don't come together at this moment, I will be forced to take stronger action in 14 days. To be clear I don't want to take stronger action I do not want to implement more restrictions," said Gov. Sisolak.
    The governor stopped short of discouraging tourists from coming to Las Vegas and admits it seems like a double standard to ask Nevadans to stay at home.
    He adds the shutdowns are still having long-lasting, negative financial and emotional impacts months later.
    "That is a tightrope to balance controlling COVID spread, protecting out hospitals from surges, and at the same time not destroying and shutting down our economy." Gov. Sisolak said.
    Nevada governor 'walking a tightrope' as coronavirus cases increase
    Authorities say it is clear some people are tired and not following the safety protocols but urged immediate, corrective action to keep Nevada open.
    He urged people to practice social distancing, properly wear a face mask, and use good hygiene.
    The governor added most businesses appear to follow protocols and called upon local jurisdictions to step up enforcement.
    The governor says if the trends do not correct quickly, there will be drastic measures needed in the near future....

"I’m not going to come back in two weeks and say I’m going to give you another chance.”..

https://www.ktnv.com/news/coronaviru...covid-19-cases

Tom Woods news letter Yesterday
    Steve Sisolak, governor of Nevada, recently scolded citizens of his state. Why, only irresponsible behavior can account for a rise in "cases" there!
    So he's telling Nevadans that they have two weeks to get things under control.
    He warned, "I’m not going to come back in two weeks and say I’m going to give you another chance.”
    And then, three days later, Governor Sisolak himself tested positive for COVID-19.
    Should we treat him like he's 7 and scold him for his irresponsible behavior, the way he just did to his citizens?
    The governor was forced to admit: “You can take all the precautions that are possible and you can still contract the virus. I don’t know how I got it.”
    As Alex Berenson says, virus gonna virus.

Yesterday former Secretary of Education Arne Duncan posted the following:

"How did we catch it? I don't know. We wore masks. We socially distanced. We avoided crowds. We haven't had people in our house."

Virus gonna virus.

We can either accept this, and take steps to protect those among us who are most at risk while others resume the one life they are given, or we can destroy our social fabric.
    Meanwhile, we have families and friendships being torn apart over all this. You're a bad person if you reject the propaganda. Why, you don't care about saving lives! You're "selfish"!
    Never mind the countless lives lost by lockdown itself, a point I've made again and again. Those lives don't seem to count for some reason.

OK, so they did everything they've been told to do to keep them SAFE but still got it.
    Practically speaking this means either:
    1. Mask, distancing and hand washing don't work.
    2. Mask, distancing and hand washing don't work WELL at all.
    3. The test are flawed and are giving false positives.

None of those options show the conventional "suggestions"/"orders" as helpful or trust worthy.
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'll remember things like this when they trot out vaccines that they'll insist will keep us safe.
    But still they'll shamelessly call folks idiots and crazy for daring to question the "experts" on their assertions of "safety and effectiveness".
    Last edited by revelarts; 11-17-2020 at 07:05 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I agree with the almost part. Brazil had a bit of a hard time as Bolsonaro told Brazilians not to react to COVID like a bunch of sissies. The deaths are real and ignoring the virus results in a higher death rate, but not catastrophically more. Ignoring the virus is an option, but at a price. Much of Latin America can't afford to close things down because malnutrition has a much higher death rate than COVID.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

4. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

[QUOTE=revelarts;973039]It's almost as if none of the "virus mitigation" measures work

A shitload of it doesn't, and has been proven so unfortunately. Just yesterday I read from Elon Musk about how he had taken 4 tests in one day - and got back 2 positive and 2 negative. He stated, like you: "Something extremely bogus is going on. Was tested for covid four times today," he wrote. "Two tests came back negative, two came back positive. Same machine, same test, same nurse."

And additionally, I've been reading about false positives since day one, leading me to wonder about the overall total number of infections. Then paying hospitals money for working on covid-19 patients and how far they need to go, profiting up to $50k per patient - leads to potential abuse of the numbers. While I know the virus is real, it's contagious and it's deadly - many many also took advantage of it for their own various reasons, IMO.

Tom Woods news letter Yesterday[INDENT]Steve Sisolak, governor of Nevada, recently scolded citizens of his state. Why, only irresponsible behavior can account for a rise in "cases" there!
    So he's telling Nevadans that they have two weeks to get things under control.
    He warned, "I’m not going to come back in two weeks and say I’m going to give you another chance.”
    And then, three days later, Governor Sisolak himself tested positive for COVID-19.
    I could give a LONG list of the shitheads lecturing others and enforcing ridiculous rules - who then fall sick themselves, or just busted ignoring the rules. Rules only apply to us little schmucks.

Should we treat him like he's 7 and scold him for his irresponsible behavior, the way he just did to his citizens?
    I think each should! Gavin Newsom the latest is it, busted out at a party? All the various reasons - personally I wish their were ways to remove such folks at times. And think of how many around the nation putting out rules and even fining people, folks arrested and others threatened with jail.

The governor was forced to admit: “You can take all the precautions that are possible and you can still contract the virus. I don’t know how I got it.”
    This is true! I think they are/were learning as they go and enforcing and changing rules along the way. Hell, they may even LIE to us about NOT having to wear masks as they did in the beginning. LYING to us to preserve stock for doctors and such. And then it went onto we're too stupid to wear them after that. (well, don't get me started on some folks wearing them like 'tards).

"How did we catch it? I don't know. We wore masks. We socially distanced. We avoided crowds. We haven't had people in our house."
    6 degrees of separation. You never know for sure where even loved ones were and were vulnerable, nor friends or anyone at all you come within reach of. For starters.

Virus gonna virus.
    Ain't that so 2020! This has to go on record as the craziest year ever. And funny that the greatest thing to happen during this time was that wildlife and nature seemed to have profited!

We can either accept this, and take steps to protect those among us who are most at risk while others resume the one life they are given, or we can destroy our social fabric.
    Meanwhile, we have families and friendships being torn apart over all this. You're a bad person if you reject the propaganda. Why, you don't care about saving lives! You're "selfish"!
    Never mind the countless lives lost by lockdown itself, a point I've made again and again. Those lives don't seem to count for some reason.
    IMO, some WANTED the folks torn apart and society divided. Where it goes from here? Well, for starters, let's hope we don't see a 4-6 week lockdown coming anytime soon as I read.

OK, so they did everything they've been told to do to keep them SAFE but still got it.
    Practically speaking this means either:
    1. Mask, distancing and hand washing don't work.
    2. Mask, distancing and hand washing don't work WELL at all.
    3. The test are flawed and are giving false positives.
    I think #3 is the likely culprit of the total overall numbers. Next in line is shitty masks and use of them. And folks with agendas.

None of those options show the conventional "suggestions"/"orders" as helpful or trust worthy.
    I don't know about the rest of you but I'll remember things like this when they trot out vaccines that they'll insist will keep us safe.
    But still they'll shamelessly call folks idiots and crazy for daring to question the "experts" on their assertions of "safety and effectiveness".
    Many constitutional issues to be addressed from this year IMO. Far too many trying to do the right thing by harming people instead. Too many with power trips. Too much BS.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Here's how to eat using two masks!

Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

8. Likes revelarts liked this post