Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Default Freakonomics and the 2020 Election

Has anyone else read the book Freakanomics? I read it some time ago. It is about a statistician that is able to do some amazing statistical analyses of large quantities of data and confirm theories of cause and effect between things you would never guess were related.

One episode regarding Chicago school districts a few years after No Child Left Behind had established a teacher incentive that rewarded teachers whose students got high scores in standardized tests. Teachers whose students did badly on the tests were regarded as bad teachers.
    The statistician theorized that this gave teachers an incentive to cheat when giving their own students standardized tests. Since the teachers were the proctors for the test, they could conceivably fill in the correct answers for questions for students that ran out of time to finish the questions at the end. One of the things the statistician checked for was an unusually good string of answers at the end of a test. Checking the data a couple of years later, he was able to find that a small percentage of teacher’s classrooms fit his theorized statistical model just as predicted.

It strikes me that this might be the best way to analyze the election results. If I’m a poll worker that is a Democrat and is integrity-challenged, which is pretty much the same thing as just saying "Democrat", what is the likely way that I would attempt massive fraud? I’m thinking it would be to dump a ton of mail-in votes into the system when no one is looking. To mass produce the mail-in votes, I would crank out a ton of mail-in forms with Biden’s name checked and either the rest of the form blank or the rest of the form with identical with either all Dems down the line. The voter names would all be first-time voters. I’d introduce the ton of votes late in the evening of November 3rd, when hardly anyone is still around. And I’d only do it in swing states.

That is the statistical event to look for then. A bunch of mail-in votes from new voters, with a ridiculously heavy percentage going to Biden, and the rest of the voting form blank or all Dems. With this happening much more in swing states than it did in non swing states. And the votes tabulated on the night of November 3rd, after people had gone to bed.

Is this something we can see statistically in the voting results? From what I’ve heard, it sounds like yes. I would like to see the Freakonomics guys analyze the results and see if it fits a ‘rigged-election’ model.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

2. Thanks icansayit, LongTermGuy, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We’d better do something, because as it stands, I believe a good percentage of us voters are disgusted with voting, period. I mean, why bother any more?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    That is the statistical event to look for then. A bunch of mail-in votes from new voters, with a ridiculously heavy percentage going to Biden, and the rest of the voting form blank or all Dems. With this happening much more in swing states than it did in non swing states. And the votes tabulated on the night of November 3rd, after people had gone to bed.

Is this something we can see statistically in the voting results? From what I’ve heard, it sounds like yes. I would like to see the Freakonomics guys analyze the results and see if it fits a ‘rigged-election’ model.
    Yup. Beat by millions but lost close races in the states that mattered. And those are the places with the voting oddities.

I think they need to kick this **** out and bring in something new. This software has been proven to be able to be abused. And has algorithms in it to reverse votes and other weird bullshit. It's not a trusted tabulation IMO. And if anything, our elections need to have confidence.

Now I do have the belief that Biden won, so it's not that. But it had the potential to be stolen if "someone" were to just activate things and/or run certain algorithms. That alone is enough to say bye bye to it IMO. And then add in the amount of folks arrested for smaller time fraud, from 1-1500 vote area. A lot of proven fraud but nothing proven as far as the massive accusations. And we will be seeing much more arrests and more I believe...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yup. Beat by millions but lost close races in the states that mattered. And those are the places with the voting oddities.

I think they need to kick this **** out and bring in something new. This software has been proven to be able to be abused. And has algorithms in it to reverse votes and other weird bullshit. It's not a trusted tabulation IMO. And if anything, our elections need to have confidence.

Now I do have the belief that Biden won, so it's not that. But it had the potential to be stolen if "someone" were to just activate things and/or run certain algorithms. That alone is enough to say bye bye to it IMO. And then add in the amount of folks arrested for smaller time fraud, from 1-1500 vote area. A lot of proven fraud but nothing proven as far as the massive accusations. And we will be seeing much more arrests and more I believe...
    IMO there is no possible mechanical voting that can't be 'fixed.' I realize it isn't going to happen, but if preventing massive fraud the best way to implement controls is through in person, paper and pen ballots. Hand counting with observers. Clean rules of counting, by legislatures.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Rand Paul agrees - look for voter fraud in the statistics instead of in the mishandled voting machines...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...s-out-big-tech

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., on Sunday claimed statistical “fraud” was found in four states where President Donald Trump lost in the presidential election during supposed “data dumps” in the middle of the night and early morning.
    Last edited by Russ; 12-01-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

7. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post