Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Someone buys a chalupa for $800 million!!

At least what I thought I saw on a quick glance.

Still, who would have thought it had so much value? And hell, I've never heard of them before. Then again, I stay away from all that hot shit!

--

McCormick & Company Buys Makers Of Famous Hot Sauce Brand ‘Cholula’ For $800 Million

Spice maker McCormick & Company is buying hot sauce brand Cholula’s parent company for $800 million, the company said Tuesday according to a Reuters report.

McCormick is buying the hot sauce maker from the private equity firm L Catterton, according to the report. They are likely looking to take advantage of increased demand for their products as more people cook at home during the coronavirus pandemic

Cholula is bringing the heat to more consumers’ pantries amid the pandemic and McCormick has taken notice. The spice maker is buying the hot sauce brand in an $800 million deal. https://t.co/gT3aLJ1qGL

— AP Business News (@APBusiness) November 24, 2020
    Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2020/11/24/m...rmick-cholula/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Still, who would have thought it had so much value? And hell, I've never heard of them before. Then again, I stay away from all that hot shit!

--

McCormick & Company Buys Makers Of Famous Hot Sauce Brand ‘Cholula’ For $800 Million

Spice maker McCormick & Company is buying hot sauce brand Cholula’s parent company for $800 million, the company said Tuesday according to a Reuters report.

McCormick is buying the hot sauce maker from the private equity firm L Catterton, according to the report. They are likely looking to take advantage of increased demand for their products as more people cook at home during the coronavirus pandemic

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That's what John calls my Chihuahua, who's name is Porter. He calls him a little chalupa. The dog always wants to bite him as John likes to tease him. And always ends up getting bit, and that little bastard hurts when he nips ya!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I use Chalupa on just about everything. Always have extra in pantry.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

McCormick will screw it up, just like anything else that gets corporatized. McCormick owns Stubb's barbecue sauce which had a side effect of hobbling Stubb's ability to open more restaurants. That means that Stubb's can't expand beyond its original location in downtown Austin. It's just another rendition of the "Kentucky Fried Chicken" effect, now KFC which stands for Krappy Flavorless Chicken. It sure ain't the product that Minnie Pearl promoted.

Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

--

Some of the best hot sauce on the market. I use it on a myriad of dishes.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Some of the best hot sauce on the market. I use it on a myriad of dishes.
    LOL! I have opened one in fridge, new one in pantry. Good stuff.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Likes hjmick, SassyLady liked this post