Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default I am done with Yahoo

Yahoo is my home website. Every time I open my browser that's where I am. My first point of contact for new articles and more so for their sports coverage.

Their front page has changed so many times it's hard to keep count. And with each change, oddly came change in the news being delivered, and now it's almost exclusively left leaning crap.

I used to use their email services but they are horrible now. More and more spam gets through and more legit email hits the spam box. But worse are people getting messages sent back because it's been denied - as Yahoo's IP addresses are blocked in many many places and anyone cross referencing may block their crap.

They have always had ads but it's grown worse and worse. So eventually I started using a Adblocker anyway, so popups and that crap are gone for me. But the Adblock in your URL bar counts how many ads are being blocked. I went this morn and noticed after a few minutes of simply scrolling down the page, that it had blocked 79 ads!! I had multiple table open, each being Yahoo articles. So I went to the 2nd article and it had 58 blocked. And the 3rd had 42 blocked. I returned to the first and it now had 91 blocked. WTF???

So I kept rotating and monitoring the 3 tabs, while the 4th tab open I was completely elsewhere with zero ads blocked, which is Google's homepage.

All told, after less than 10 minutes. The first one had 179 ads blocked. The second had 68 and the 3rd tab had 57 ads blocked.

WTF Yahoo? How many ads is too many to hit people with?

--

My Dad called and we were on the phone for like 30 mins or so. After that? I had closed one browser tab, but this is what the other 2 are showing on Adblock:

Gonna let them sit even longer and see just how many Yahoo thinks is appropriate. (348 and 311 respectively in the tiny amount of time it took me to write the last sentence and post the images)
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Kathianne, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

So I left it sitting and here it is now. When the F does it give up? And this is just a tab standing still at that page. It's not other tabs causing it as you can close all tabs - and just watch it slowly count-up all by its lonesome.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It might be due to Black Friday. I had a ton more emails today than ever.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's their ads on Yahoo.com and anything you visit within their domain. Seems like with an adblocker, it either retries knowing it was blocked, or it gets caught in some some cycle.

Just another reason on my list to bail from them altogether.