Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Joe Biden Gun Control Proposal Could Bankrupt Firearms Industry

So if a gun manufacturer makes a gun in Kentucky, it ships to Walmart in Seattle, Joe Criminal buys it 6 months later and ends up using it in the commission of a crime. Biden wants to make it so that everyone in America that is the victim of a scumbag, can then also sue manufacturers of the scumbags gun of choice.

I disagree, as I think people should be held accountable for their own actions, not those that created an inanimate object. Will car manufacturers be open to lawsuits from victims of accidents as well?

---

Joe Biden Gun Control Proposal Could Bankrupt Firearms Industry

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s plan to do away with the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) could bankrupt the entire firearms industry.

President George W. Bush signed the PLCAA into law in 2005 as a way of protecting firearms manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits. But Biden campaigned on opening up firearm manufacturers to suits tied to the criminal misuse of the products they make.

On February 7, 2020, Breitbart News reported Biden telling a New Hampshire audience it was a “mistake” to give “gun manufacturers … a loophole that does not allow them to be sued for the carnage they are creating.”

He added, “The first thing I’m going to do as president is work to get rid of that, and it’s going to be hard.”

On February 24, 2020, Breitbart News reported that Biden looked into the camera during a South Carolina speech, called out gun manufacturers, and said, “I’m going to take you down.”

The PLCAA shields gun manufacturers from lawsuits in situations where the guns in question were legally made and legally sold. Biden wants those protections eliminated.

During an October 2019 gun control forum in Las Vegas Biden claimed opening gun makers up to lawsuits would result in “change overnight.”

The Daily Caller spoke with Missouri self-defense lawyer and firearms trainer Kevin Jamison about Biden’s plans, and he made clear that firearms manufacturers would enter a financial tailspin if Biden has his way. Jamison said, “The guys pushing these lawsuits, they don’t care if they win. They care if they can force these companies to hemorrhage money. They are in the business of putting gun companies out of business.”

Jamison added, “If they destroy enough companies or force them to adopt their rules of procedure then there will be no place to buy guns and that’s what they’re looking for. They want to make it as expensive to own a gun as humanly possible — and as difficult. If they get even part of their wish list, they won.”

It must be noted that other gun control measures Biden has proposed would put financial pressure on gun owners. In fact, his taxation plans for AR-15s, AK-47s, and “high capacity” magazines — a $200 tax on each such privately owned rifle and a $200 tax on every privately owned “high capacity” magazine — could cost gun owners $34 billion.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...arms-industry/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Thank God that Barrett is in the saddle.

SCOTUS will shoot that effort down.

Speaking of, right about now would be a great time for Thomas to retire. I love him, but we certainly don't want him to pass away in the next 4 years and lose the majority.

I no longer consider Roberts to be a conservative. He's not that old but age is making him drift further left every year.

By my count, we have a 5/4 majority.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Thank God that Barrett is in the saddle.

SCOTUS will shoot that effort down.

Speaking of, right about now would be a great time for Thomas to retire. I love him, but we certainly don't want him to pass away in the next 4 years and lose the majority.

I no longer consider Roberts to be a conservative. He's not that old but age is making him drift further left every year.

By my count, we have a 5/4 majority.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yup! 5 AMERICANS & 4 Democrats...

5. Likes NightTrain liked this post