Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default A bit too close to home for my liking

I could have opened my front door and nailed this guy in the head with a rock, that's how close this was to me. It's the next block over from me, but the apartment complex starts on my block and is accessible from both sides. There's generally not a lot of crime in my neighborhood. This was my mail carrier, so I guess my mail might be late for the next few days. Yikes!

Cops: Mailman murdered in Mamaroneck apartment

(09/17/07) MAMARONECK - A popular Larchmont mailman was found murdered in his Mamaroneck apartment Monday, police said.

Police said 36-year-old Steven Spinna was discovered by his girlfriend at his Richbell Road apartment around 1:30 p.m. Spinna was stabbed to death, police said.

"I just don't understand why anyone would want to hurt him," said fellow postal worker and friend Jim Buckley. "I've never known him to be in trouble at any time. Good worker, gets along with everybody."

However, Buckley recalled two out-of-place incidents that occurred during the past few weeks. Buckley said Spinna's car tires were flattened, and then someone broke the windows on the car of Spinna's girlfriend.

"I kind of kidded about it. I said, 'Someone after you and your girlfriend?' Kidding around, but now this," Buckley said.

Spinna, a mail carrier in Larchmont for the past 10 years, had a young daughter who he saw on weekends, Buckley said.

http://www.news12.com/WC/topstories/article?id=200266#
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I could have opened my front door and nailed this guy in the head with a rock, that's how close this was to me. It's the next block over from me, but the apartment complex starts on my block and is accessible from both sides. There's generally not a lot of crime in my neighborhood. This was my mail carrier, so I guess my mail might be late for the next few days. Yikes!

Cops: Mailman murdered in Mamaroneck apartment

(09/17/07) MAMARONECK - A popular Larchmont mailman was found murdered in his Mamaroneck apartment Monday, police said.

Police said 36-year-old Steven Spinna was discovered by his girlfriend at his Richbell Road apartment around 1:30 p.m. Spinna was stabbed to death, police said.

"I just don't understand why anyone would want to hurt him," said fellow postal worker and friend Jim Buckley. "I've never known him to be in trouble at any time. Good worker, gets along with everybody."

However, Buckley recalled two out-of-place incidents that occurred during the past few weeks. Buckley said Spinna's car tires were flattened, and then someone broke the windows on the car of Spinna's girlfriend.

"I kind of kidded about it. I said, 'Someone after you and your girlfriend?' Kidding around, but now this," Buckley said.

Spinna, a mail carrier in Larchmont for the past 10 years, had a young daughter who he saw on weekends, Buckley said.

http://www.news12.com/WC/topstories/article?id=200266#

Damn Jim, thats way to close to home. I hope they catch the perp.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Damn, that's rough. I think it's safe to say it wasn't a random thing, though, whoever did this clearly had it in for the mailman.

Still sucks, though. There's a Waffle House right down the road from me, a few months back, a priest and his friend were in there eating breakfast when a guy came in, shot them both, and stole their car. Never caught him. It's always a little disheartening to hear this kind of news going on all around you. I'm sure we've got more crime here than in Larchmont, though.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org