Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Me too! My nephew has known me for over 50 years and he couldn't believe she could be so stupid to threaten me. I still feel my blood pressure rise when I think of it. It was instantaneous. I have no sympathy for squatters and ungrateful relatives!
    You remind me a bit of my mom. Most of the time, my mom is very calm and sedate. Comes from teaching elementary school for 25 years. But one thing my sister and I figured out early was that you don't make my mom angry. She never had to punish you. My mom has the most withering stare. Even my dad fears "the stare." Never make a German mom angry with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You remind me a bit of my mom. Most of the time, my mom is very calm and sedate. Comes from teaching elementary school for 25 years. But one thing my sister and I figured out early was that you don't make my mom angry. She never had to punish you. My mom has the most withering stare. Even my dad fears "the stare." Never make a German mom angry with you.
    Yeah ... that's me. I had 3 brothers ...2, 4 and 6 years younger.. we were at picnic. I was 18 or 19. They to pick me up and started taking me down to the lake to throw me in. At first I struggled and then I just stopped and calmly told them to go ahead. Throw me in and then run for your lives and be sure to give their heart to God because their ass would be mine. Well, they started talking about it on the walk down to the lake. I had quit struggling and talking. Just giving "the look". They put me down and none of them ever teased me again. Its all about perception.

Your mom had that ability I'm sure.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.