Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Online Social Distancing

I blew off Facebook three years ago when they demanded positive identification. After doing research, I discovered that Facebook will "automagically" update your profile without your input if you provide such information. I was communicating with Maykel Gonzalez Vivero https://translatingcuba.com/author/maykel/ and apparently the Cuban authorities complained about a "fake Facebook account". I obviously didn't provide the information, but it shows how completely Facebook complies with the Castro regime. I talk to and get information from all walks of life in Cuba ranging from active dissidents to loyal members of the Communist party. It's what you do if you want an unbiased idea of how things are. Now that wokesters are retaliating against beliefs they don't like, I just stay away from Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc. Even if all that didn't exist, why spend much time interacting with contentious people? Think of all the energy required to keep track of the growing list of "offensive terms". People communicating online have no more freedom of speech than Cubans in Cuba do. The internet has become largely Chinafied.
    Last edited by tailfins; 12-30-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

FB is the only social ever media I ever used and I quit two years ago today. I don't miss it and I'm so glad I never did Twitter or any of the other platforms. I felt like big brother was stalking me. Still do.

Made phone call to our propane company for service. Ads for that company starting showing up in middle of my online scrabble games. Tell me they're not monitoring our phone calls. I figured out that I looked up their phone number on internet and that's how they got the info. Still pisses me off.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.