Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 911 could have been prevented

http://tinyurl.com/24nsod

Look who says so?

U.S. Spy Chief: 9/11 'Could Have Been Prevented'
    Director of National Intelligence Says U.S. Didn't Connect Available Information
    (AP Photo) By JASON RYAN and THERESA COOK
    Sept. 18, 2007
    Font Size

McConnell, explaining that the intelligence community was, at the time, very focused on foreign threats, said the community allowed itself "to be separated from anything that was potentially domestic," and that domestic threats were "not something we [were] supposed to be concerned with."

"Yeah, that translates to negligence," charged committee chairman John Conyers, D-Mich.

"Or interpretation of the law — of how the culture had evolved," McConnell countered.

Given the vast resources of the intelligence community, along with the FBI's and CIA's knowledge that al Qaeda had an interest in flight training, and had sent 9/11 hijackers Khalid al Mihdhar and Nawaf al Hazmi and terrorism suspect Zacarias Moussaoui to undertake such training in the United States, McConnell said, "For whatever reason, we didn't connect the dots."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yes, had Clinton taken in Bin Laden when he was offered him on a silver platter, 9/11 might have never taken place.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

911 happened 8 months into Bush's watch.

You cant blame any admin but his.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post

That's absurd... had BillyBob taken in Bin Laden when he was offered to him it would never had made it to this administration.

Furthermore, what you're posting is old news. It was announced a few years back that the sharing of intelligence between agencies was an issue. Someone regurgitating old news doesn't impress me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

And how long do yo think it took for all those guys to get through the flight school in Vero beach FL. Ohh thats right right after Bush took office the went and learned to fly 747's. It takes time to learn how to fly a plane that large. Its not like a single engine cessna.

The biggest reason this happend was due to the fact that Bill Clinton stripped the CIA of 60-70% of its human intel around the world. Do just a little research before you throw out that "its all Bush's fault" line of shit.....

God woman get a f***ing life and find something else to occupy your time, this facination with Bush is very unhealthy....
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    And how long do yo think it took for all those guys to get through the flight school in Vero beach FL. Ohh thats right right after Bush took office the went and learned to fly 747's. It takes time to learn how to fly a plane that large. Its not like a single engine cessna.

The biggest reason this happend was due to the fact that Bill Clinton stripped the CIA of 60-70% of its human intel around the world. Do just a little research before you throw out that "its all Bush's fault" line of shit.....

God woman get a f***ing life and find something else to occupy your time, this facination with Bush is very unhealthy....
    Your last comment nullifies anything legitimate that you had to say Nuke...imo....

now getting to what you said:

Please supply a legitimate link for what you are saying here Nuke, that Clinton cut CIA 60%-70%...and that those cuts affected the CIA involvement with the middle east.... cuts on guatamale and Cuba etc, don't really affect the CIA's involvement with the Middle East, I don't believe?

I know they cut hiring FELONS as people that worked for them in intelligence, perhaps this hurt us with 911?

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Oh come on TM. Eight months? Really? You think these guys planned the events of 9-11, entered the country, got training to fly and launched the attacks all in eight months? What those guys did took at least a couple of years of planning, they were in the country off and on for years. Many of them were attending flight schools around the country as far back as the mid to late 1990s.

To attempt to lay the blame for the failure prevent that 9-11 attacks on any one administration is intellectually dishonest. There is enough blame to point fingers at at least two, possibly three. No need for the partisan bullshit.

The real truth is, the only people to blame, the only people responsible, are the terrorists and the terrorists alone.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Oh come on TM. Eight months? Really? You think these guys planned the events of 9-11, entered the country, got training to fly and launched the attacks all in eight months? What those guys did took at least a couple of years of planning, they were in the country off and on for years. Many of them were attending flight schools around the country as far back as the mid to late 1990s.

To attempt to lay the blame for the failure prevent that 9-11 attacks on any one administration is intellectually dishonest. There is enough blame to point fingers at at least two, possibly three. No need for the partisan bullshit.

The real truth is, the only people to blame, the only people responsible, are the terrorists and the terrorists alone.
    Considering people in his admin tried to get him to pay attention to OBL and AQ and were shouted down I do think he dropped the ball.

Why do you people refuse to believe ANY person who comes out of this admin and tells you the truth.

Read Richard Clarkes Book

Read Paul O'Neils book

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Considering people in his admin tried to get him to pay attention to OBL and AQ and were shouted down I do think he dropped the ball.
    And yet you refuse to acknowledge Clinton dropped the golden ball when he turned down the offer to have OBL turned over. I guess they weren't paying attention as much as you think!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Are you not paying attention? I'm not saying that the Bush administration didn't drop the ball. What I am saying is that so did the administration before him. Would you be on Clinton this hard if the attacks had happened in December 2000 rather than September 2001? I doubt it, hell, you'd probably be blaming it on the fact that Bush had been elected (LOL). To blame either administration is foolish, the blame for what happened lies with the terrorists alone.

Why do you people refuse to believe ANY person who comes out of this admin and tells you the truth.

Read Paul O'Neils book
    I'm not refusing to believe anyone, I am refusing to blame Bush and Clinton for what happened that Tuesday morning.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Are you not paying attention? I'm not saying that the Bush administration didn't drop the ball. What I am saying is that so did the administration before him. Would you be on Clinton this hard if the attacks had happened in December 2000 rather than September 2001? I doubt it, hell, you'd probably be blaming it on the fact that Bush had been elected (LOL). To blame either administration is foolish, the blame for what happened lies with the terrorists alone.

I'm not refusing to believe anyone, I am refusing to blame Bush and Clinton for what happened that Tuesday morning.

I blame who is responsible and Bush was responsible for protecting us that year and REFUSED to.

Ask the top counter terrorism official of the nation at the time, Richard Clarke who is the ONLY person to this Date who admitted failure to keep us safe that day.

To Bush its ALWAYS someone elses fault no matter what happens.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

TM, why do you hate to acknowledge that Clinton allowed OBL to go free?

Why do you ignore questions that hurt your agenda?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's absurd... had BillyBob taken in Bin Laden when he was offered to him it would never had made it to this administration.

Furthermore, what you're posting is old news. It was announced a few years back that the sharing of intelligence between agencies was an issue. Someone regurgitating old news doesn't impress me.
    guess who's idea it was ............ to prevent the sharing of info....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Read Paul O'Neils book
    richard clarke....ya he was a fucking genius....

wtc I
    somalia
    nigerian embassies
    the uss cole

shit was blowing up left and right while he was in charge.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    Richard Clarke....ya he was a fucking genius....

wtc I
    Somalia
    Nigerian embassies
    the USS Cole

shit was blowing up left and right while he was in charge.....
    No kidding..

And Janet Reno was blowing up her own citizens...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)