Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
I for one admit my shortcomings and things I may have seen as more conspiracy theory material is now believable. And things about our govt. I trusted and was naive. There were easily times you brought things forward that were likely way more accurate than I gave credit for.
Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
Well, Rev, I will be the first to admit that I thought you were taking things too far with regards to how far big tech would go. Honestly, it appears that the entire country has lost it's collective mind in the headlong rush to censorship and outright fascist behavior.

I don't even like using the word fascist due to millions of idiotic Americans ironically using it. It feels like Bizarro World.

At any rate, you were correct in predicting where this all was leading as I trusted that the ordinarily smart people running the show would pump the brakes, but that didn't happen.
Thanks, but I sincerely wish you guys had been right.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
The way Americans still mainly receive their news is via television. And many still use regular broadcast channels. And some have moved over to cable television news. They trust the news to be accurate, just as the scores of last nights games and what the weather will be like today and tomorrow. The factual news we receive should be just as clear, but its not, not nearly.
And the internet isn't a ton different. Except enter social media and email & "internet service providers" which are needed for all of the above. And we watched while the news we were delivered was a TON of lies and censorship & basically positive advertising for the left while condemning only the right. Went on for 4 years but came out strongly in the past year and in an in your face manner.
Social media wasn't bad but seemingly grew worse as the 4 years went on, and then went into election mode in the past year as well. And oddly, it was as if they coordinated their plans at times. Many many things deleted, or didn't appear due to shadow banning, then the suspensions galore and we all know how the last year and then last week has went. *** And when folks seem to say, ok enough is enough, we'll leave and do our own thing, they try to blackball those efforts in every way possible. By not allowing in the open market system which is primarily needed to install apps on your devices. Then they hit the hosting providers & also email provider. What happens next and where things go to is unknown.

It's pushed the boundaries of common sense. As now all that is needed is a growing group of people to simply send public twitter messages to the employees company to embarrass them out of a job. WAY way too many unnecessary firings and banning and censoring. Won't find much of an argument from me in here.

In reference to the big tech on the internet & MSM coordination and censorship - went from 50 to 1000 MPH in guinness record time.

Thanks, Rev, appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
Yes, they need to be broken up, I see that now, but that certainly won't have a chance of happening until 2022 at the earliest. Democrats certainly aren't going to punish their largest allies.
IMO they've got to be busted or controlled somehow.
I'm not sure how real push back can happen overall though, but i really don't trust either party to do much. it's gotta be some other way , i 've got no real clue how exactly but
stepping out of various spider-websites is one way, new outlets.
But big multinational corps of any kind have no real allegiance to the USA.
Block chain networks may be a real option though. i don't know enough to say one way or another.

but all sides left and right need to purge themselves of the extremist in their midst. (purge or reeducate)
If some idiot starts talking about "killing whitey and cops" & "destroying the system" or some dude is Waving a Nazi flags and sporting KKK and Nazi Tattos while supporting the favored Republican they need ejection from the ranks. If people are serious this crap can't be played down as "not us". There's no common ground if that type of thinking is allowed.
E Pluribus Unum