Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Which way does Wayfair lean?
    I'm guessing based on past actions, not towards the right. At least the employees:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/25/wayf...tion-camp.html

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...ut-in-protest/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks SassyLady, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Which way does Wayfair lean?
    On Monday, Wayfair management responded with an internal statement, saying that “it is standard practice to fulfill orders for all customers and we believe it is our business to sell to any customer who is acting within the laws of the countries within which we operate.” The statement added, “[T]his does not indicate support for the opinions or actions of the groups or individuals who purchase from us.”

Sounds like the position all businesses should take. They didn't cave to the SJW Liberal mob employees.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 01-10-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks revelarts, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Love how you conservatives love to tell private companies what to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Well, well, well!

That's right, I completely forgot to inform PhysicsForum that the owner is self-confessed to reading all members' private messages.

Thanks for the reminder, Greg! Did you also inform Ana about your perverted and unethical tendencies? How about all of the members? Did you come clean like an ethical person would?

Or are you somehow under the delusion that I forgot about everything?

7. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sure, pointing out alternatives and how to use them is telling them what to do?

I always said, a private business should be able to run their business as they see fit, and consumers can shop where they prefer.

But if the government or overseeing agencies decide that one of these companies is a monopoly and breaks things up, so be it. I'm going where I prefer and not "shopping" at a shitty place. Not a difficult concept.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

But you think it's OK for private companies to censor conservative voices? And to amplify liberal progressive voices? No, it's not Ok.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 01-10-2021 at 10:59 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I for one admit my shortcomings and things I may have seen as more conspiracy theory material is now believable. And things about our govt. I trusted and was naive. There were easily times you brought things forward that were likely way more accurate than I gave credit for.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Well, Rev, I will be the first to admit that I thought you were taking things too far with regards to how far big tech would go. Honestly, it appears that the entire country has lost it's collective mind in the headlong rush to censorship and outright fascist behavior.

I don't even like using the word fascist due to millions of idiotic Americans ironically using it. It feels like Bizarro World.

At any rate, you were correct in predicting where this all was leading as I trusted that the ordinarily smart people running the show would pump the brakes, but that didn't happen.
    Thanks, but I sincerely wish you guys had been right.

The way Americans still mainly receive their news is via television. And many still use regular broadcast channels. And some have moved over to cable television news. They trust the news to be accurate, just as the scores of last nights games and what the weather will be like today and tomorrow. The factual news we receive should be just as clear, but its not, not nearly.
    And the internet isn't a ton different. Except enter social media and email & "internet service providers" which are needed for all of the above. And we watched while the news we were delivered was a TON of lies and censorship & basically positive advertising for the left while condemning only the right. Went on for 4 years but came out strongly in the past year and in an in your face manner.
    Social media wasn't bad but seemingly grew worse as the 4 years went on, and then went into election mode in the past year as well. And oddly, it was as if they coordinated their plans at times. Many many things deleted, or didn't appear due to shadow banning, then the suspensions galore and we all know how the last year and then last week has went. *** And when folks seem to say, ok enough is enough, we'll leave and do our own thing, they try to blackball those efforts in every way possible. By not allowing in the open market system which is primarily needed to install apps on your devices. Then they hit the hosting providers & also email provider. What happens next and where things go to is unknown.

It's pushed the boundaries of common sense. As now all that is needed is a growing group of people to simply send public twitter messages to the employees company to embarrass them out of a job. WAY way too many unnecessary firings and banning and censoring. Won't find much of an argument from me in here.

In reference to the big tech on the internet & MSM coordination and censorship - went from 50 to 1000 MPH in guinness record time.

Thanks, Rev, appreciated.

Yes, they need to be broken up, I see that now, but that certainly won't have a chance of happening until 2022 at the earliest. Democrats certainly aren't going to punish their largest allies.
    IMO they've got to be busted or controlled somehow.
    I'm not sure how real push back can happen overall though, but i really don't trust either party to do much. it's gotta be some other way , i 've got no real clue how exactly but
    stepping out of various spider-websites is one way, new outlets.
    But big multinational corps of any kind have no real allegiance to the USA.
    Block chain networks may be a real option though. i don't know enough to say one way or another.

but all sides left and right need to purge themselves of the extremist in their midst. (purge or reeducate)
    If some idiot starts talking about "killing whitey and cops" & "destroying the system" or some dude is Waving a Nazi flags and sporting KKK and Nazi Tattos while supporting the favored Republican they need ejection from the ranks. If people are serious this crap can't be played down as "not us". There's no common ground if that type of thinking is allowed.
    E Pluribus Unum
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

11. Likes jimnyc, Russ, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Came across this article tonight. Lists some alternatives and what we have talked of already.

---

Sick Of Communist-Like Censorship? Here’s A List Of Popular Uncensored Media Options

From 100 Percent Fed Up – Survive The Purge: A List Of Popular Uncensored Alternative Media Options

With the current media purge of conservative, libertarian, independent, and non-establishment voices in high gear, we thought it would be beneficial to list some of the alternatives to each globalist media platform. This does not constitute official endorsements and this list is by no means exhaustive. So please do check back to this article for additional sources from time to time.

The great news is, there are many amazing options to stay connected to each other and to the news. They aren’t all as evolved as the multi-billion dollar corporations you are used to, but most are competent technically and already have many users. Also, you may find that some of the platforms provide better functionality than the legacy media you are leaving.

We believe this list is a good start to get the message out as rational free-thinking Americans on all sides of the aisle sever their ties to authoritarian anti-speech platforms. But, please leave your favorite additional media sources in the comments so others can stay connected.

TWITTER:

Gab

Parler: Parler is a Twitter clone run by free-speech advocates. Last night, Amazon removed Parler from its servers. They are now being sued by Parler who claims their decision to remove the free speech company from their servers was politically motivated. Dan Bongino, an investor in Parler, says it will be up again within a day on different servers.

Here’s a message from Parler CEO John Matze about how big tech bullies are trying to “squash” free speech alternatives.

FACEBOOK:

MeWe

Clouthub: It is owned by a conservative. According to its website, CloutHub is a non-biased platform. We support free speech and protect your privacy. We don’t data-mine, track, or sell user data. We don’t suppress your reach or manipulate what you get to see. We empower our members to influence the issues they care about.

FACEBOOK MESSENGER:

Telegram Messenger: Telegram offers end-to-end encryption of chats and a range of features beyond that of Facebook Messenger that foster community growth and large file uploads. However, it must be noted that some people believe it has connections to Russia. Also, Telegram’s best encryption is opt-in and not automatic, meaning you must specifically select ‘secret encrypted chat’ in order to get the most secure communication. It also has a desktop version to make texting easy from pc to phone.

Signal: Signal is highly recommended and is considered the safest texting app. In addition, it has some other functionality and seems to allow larger file transfers than normal texts. It also has a desktop version to make texting easy from pc to phone.

Discord: Is not especially encrypted, but offers communities and servers that are not part of Facebook. It also has a desktop version to make texting easy from pc to phone.

YOUTUBE:

Rumble

Vimeo

Bitchute

Brighteon

GOOGLE SEARCH:

Duck Duck Go: A search engine that does not seem to censor or manipulate search engine results like Google. Unlike Google, it also says it doesn’t store your data, as Google does. Try searching for political stories on DuckDuckGo vs. Google. You will see a difference in them, as well as non-political stories which are also manipulated by google.

WEB BROWSER:

Brave Browser: Brave boasts that it is “three times faster than Chrome. Better privacy by default than Firefox. Uses 35% less battery on mobile.” It also supports Tor browser on its desktop app, which helps protect you from the prying eyes of the sites you visit. Its Brave content community is funded via Basic Attention crypto tokens and opt-in ads. These tokens can be purchased on crypto exchanges or gained by choosing to view ads. This is what sustains the Brave business rather than harvesting and theft of all your user data. These tokens can also be given, if the user chooses, to content creators on websites they like. Unlike Google, Brave also says it doesn’t store any of your data.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...media-options/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

There are precedents to Big Tech being pushed aside by individuals. My favorite example is the music industry. When mergers led to many competing record companies being reduced to a few, it left a lot of small labels and artists without support. A few enterprising individuals started up their own labels, while other took care of distribution. When the internet began, everyone could distribute their own product. Large record companies are now only a shell of what they once were, with little power.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Came across this article tonight. Lists some alternatives and what we have talked of already.

---

WEB BROWSER:

Brave Browser: Brave boasts that it is “three times faster than Chrome. Better privacy by default than Firefox. Uses 35% less battery on mobile.” It also supports Tor browser on its desktop app, which helps protect you from the prying eyes of the sites you visit. Its Brave content community is funded via Basic Attention crypto tokens and opt-in ads. These tokens can be purchased on crypto exchanges or gained by choosing to view ads. This is what sustains the Brave business rather than harvesting and theft of all your user data. These tokens can also be given, if the user chooses, to content creators on websites they like. Unlike Google, Brave also says it doesn’t store any of your data.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...media-options/

I'm in Day 2 of testing the Brave browser for Android... and the claim that it's 3x faster isn't legit. It's about the same for speed as compared to Chrome, and I don't really have any way to test battery usage. That's not really a concern for me anyway.

I like the automatic ad blocker & anti-tracking features. They work well so far.

Tomorrow I'll try out Dissenter. I'm kind of partial to the little guy fighting Goliath anyway, and Gab / Dissenter certainly fits that bill.

17. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I take that back - Brave is considerably faster than Chrome. I don't know about 3x faster, but I'd agree with twice as fast.

Probably due to the automatic ad blocking, I'd wager.

19. Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I want to expand on my Comment earlier and
    Post a few broad alternative in another post.

Seems to me there are couple of overarching options available.
    the problem is they all require a certain amount of mass will, as consumers AND political citizens.
    Some on the left want a gov't takeover of the massive platforms and see them as "public utilities" like the Post Office or Energy services which DO NOT discriminate.
    Personally i'm not for that.
    But I am 100% ANTI monopoly. And Anti it's evil twin, overt or covert corporate collusion/monopoly.
    IMO the right makes an Idol out of "free enterprise" and doesn't see monopoly and corporate collusion as a problem that the civil gov't should come in and deal with.
    At this point, I think we can all see that "competition" and the free market" DON'T always solve it's own problems via pure capitalism or "the market". And it NOT that easy to "just make a better one".
    And if any one company or group of companies can control a function vital for life, at that point they can control WHO uses it or does not.
    If someone controls all the Food Supply they control who EATS.

Capitalism is great, but at the same time it seems to me that conservatives and libertarians don't want to apply the axiom about "absolute power" when it comes to Capitalism. I've never been sure why not.

As far as answers go 1st of all there are no PERFECT systems or remedies.
    But Decentralizing , Smaller companies competing across state and international lines. And none legally Allowed to get more than 25% - 45% of market share is one way i think could work.
    Seems to me one of the best ways to deal with the MSSM (main stream social media) AND the MSM is by gov't break up of the monopolies. Maybe similar to what was done with MA BELL Telephone back in the day. (and It wasn't even BLOCKING PEOPLE PHONE CALLS) it was broken up into smaller companies.
    At this point there may be actually 6 parent companies of the MSM.
    and then 4 major Social media companies.
    Plus at this point we have to talk about Internet banking and banking as well. Since banks have decide who can buy and sell via their companies. (while many of them dealt with Jeffery Epstein and knowingly launder drug money without a problem)
    If they are going to play that game then they need busting up as well.

Either you're a service to everyone or you're limited to a certain amount of market share.

No company or group of companies should be able to regulate who can bank, who can communicate, who can travel, who can have energy, food and housing. Capitalism should not, by default of "success", give a small group of people control over others freedoms.
    Capitalism should be a TOOL of freedom not a conceptual idol set above all other aspects of life.

Plus Decentralization is the basis of the benefits of capitalism. Decentralization was the basis for our federal gov'ts triune powers set-up.
    Why? Because the founders understood from experience, history and yes Biblically that human beings can't be trusted with to much control. That with too much power seated in one place there's inevitably a reduction in freedom and often eventually tyranny.

So yeah, anyway ...
    there's a lot of issues with the MSSM and internet compnies
    Google and Amazon both are in bed with the federal gov't at this point as well. Plus are corporate donors to politicians.
    Not to mention the internet surveillance problems
    So yeah maybe this is the wake up call to deal with the internet/media in general.

Alternative "private" options are a start but it can't end there IMO.
    Last edited by revelarts; 01-16-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

21. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Not just media but banking as well. Payment processing companies (i.e., PayPal, square, Visa, etc.) are shutting down businesses they don't agree with.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 01-16-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

23. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I want to expand on my Comment earlier and
    Post a few broad alternative in another post.

Seems to me there are couple of overarching options available.
    the problem is they all require a certain amount of mass will, as consumers AND political citizens.
    Some on the left want a gov't takeover of the massive platforms and see them as "public utilities" like the Post Office or Energy services which DO NOT discriminate.
    Personally i'm not for that.
    But I am 100% ANTI monopoly. And Anti it's evil twin, overt or covert corporate collusion/monopoly.
    IMO the right makes an Idol out of "free enterprise" and doesn't see monopoly and corporate collusion as a problem that the civil gov't should come in and deal with.
    At this point, I think we can all see that "competition" and the free market" DON'T always solve it's own problems via pure capitalism or "the market". And it NOT that easy to "just make a better one".
    And if any one company or group of companies can control a function vital for life, at that point they can control WHO uses it or does not.
    If someone controls all the Food Supply they control who EATS.

Capitalism is great, but at the same time it seems to me that conservatives and libertarians don't want to apply the axiom about "absolute power" when it comes to Capitalism. I've never been sure why not.

As far as answers go 1st of all there are no PERFECT systems or remedies.
    But Decentralizing , Smaller companies competing across state and international lines. And none legally Allowed to get more than 25% - 45% of market share is one way i think could work.
    Seems to me one of the best ways to deal with the MSSM (main stream social media) AND the MSM is by gov't break up of the monopolies. Maybe similar to what was done with MA BELL Telephone back in the day. (and It wasn't even BLOCKING PEOPLE PHONE CALLS) it was broken up into smaller companies.
    At this point there may be actually 6 parent companies of the MSM.
    and then 4 major Social media companies.
    Plus at this point we have to talk about Internet banking and banking as well. Since banks have decide who can buy and sell via their companies. (while many of them dealt with Jeffery Epstein and knowingly launder drug money without a problem)
    If they are going to play that game then they need busting up as well.

Either you're a service to everyone or you're limited to a certain amount of market share.

No company or group of companies should be able to regulate who can bank, who can communicate, who can travel, who can have energy, food and housing. Capitalism should not, by default of "success", give a small group of people control over others freedoms.
    Capitalism should be a TOOL of freedom not a conceptual idol set above all other aspects of life.

Plus Decentralization is the basis of the benefits of capitalism. Decentralization was the basis for our federal gov'ts triune powers set-up.
    Why? Because the founders understood from experience, history and yes Biblically that human beings can't be trusted with to much control. That with too much power seated in one place there's inevitably a reduction in freedom and often eventually tyranny.

So yeah, anyway ...
    there's a lot of issues with the MSSM and internet compnies
    Google and Amazon both are in bed with the federal gov't at this point as well. Plus are corporate donors to politicians.
    Not to mention the internet surveillance problems
    So yeah maybe this is the wake up call to deal with the internet/media in general.

Alternative "private" options are a start but it can't end there IMO.
    Rev, I loathe government control of private companies, but I think Twitter, Facebook and Amazon have stepped so far over the line with the recent attacks on free speech and policitally-motivated censorship that I'm actually starting to think that way.

Two options. Either trustbust these companies into separate, smaller companies, or else declare them utilities and have them regulated.
    Maybe a third option is just to make it easy for anyone to sue these companies, and also list the CEO's as individual defendants. That might change their behavior.

Clearly, though, we can't let these companies act the way they are acting. It is 1984 in real life. The attacks on anyone who donated 5 bucks to a Republican candidate once or wore a MAGA hat once is another thing - next thing that will happen is AOC and Pelosi demanding that all Republicans wear yellow stars pinned to their shirts.
    Last edited by Russ; 01-16-2021 at 09:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

25. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I just downloaded Brave browser for my phone, using it right now. I'll test for a while and report back with my opinion of it.

So far, so good. Feels fast and light, and automatically blocks ads and prevents tracking.
    I’ve been using Brave on my iPhone for a couple of years. It works with DP better than the others.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

27. Likes NightTrain, Russ liked this post