Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Anyone see NFL playoff scores over the weekend?

Things got started good, I think:

With Buffalo holding on to win against Indy 27-24
    Tampa Bay and 43 year old Brady beat Washington, "The football team" 31-23
    LA Rams knock Seattle out of the playoffs 30-20

Honestly, all I know is they all played Saturday, I don't even know what times the games were or in what order.

And then yesterday, I think it got started with:

Baltimore beating Tennessee 20-13
    New Orleans beats Chicago 21-9
    And then, as I sat here posting and just watching a little Netflix, reading the board & reading some other crap... as I did in the previous 16-17 weeks or so, and you can only take my word on this - my final day of boycotting the NFL has taken place. Well, I shall say - my boycotting of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the year has officially ended. I'll do the same throughout the Super Bowl and then revisit next year, as I am MORE than confident that things will revert back. And if so, I'm all in again as the most passionate Steelers fan there is!! At least in this house!!

Oh, so anyway, the Pittsburgh Steelers got their asses whooooooooped!!!

If I started by telling you that Ben Roethlisberger tossed for over 500 yards then you may not believe they got their asses handed to them. But that's not the whole picture. Then add in that he was 47 completions out of 68 throws!! That's huge!! But first question would be "why". Comeback scenarios of course, most likely. As I peeked at the stats on and off during the game, they were down 35-7 at one point, and Big Ben probably just sat in shotgun formation and pass happy the rest of the day. So against their hated rival:

The final score was Cleveland Browns 48 - Pittsburgh Steelers 37

And oddly, after not watching a single game of theirs this year, it didn't bother me in the slightest when I saw that they lost the game. No investment in it.

I know it didn't accomplish a ton but for me myself to stand behind what I believe. And I also know, for what my tiny percentage of a contribution it is, they didn't get it from me this year.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I gave in and watched `that` game...for some reason I felt it would be very interesting.. Browns being underdog and all..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/6618799002/
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 01-12-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

AS tempting as it was, time for the playoffs, but I just couldn't do it. Not after boycotting the entire season, I didn't want to fail after going through with it for the entire year.

I feel bad ya gave in for the playoff and then got a stinker.

Then again, now I know it was YOU who jinxed them!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    AS tempting as it was, time for the playoffs, but I just couldn't do it. Not after boycotting the entire season, I didn't want to fail after going through with it for the entire year.

....I thought for sure you be wacchin!

Hell at least they made it to Playoffs...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

My grieving friend Katie believes Jim should give up all claims to being a Steelers fan. Her diehard born and raised Steelers fanatic opinion is that nothing outside the lines should affect your loyalty and devotion to the mighty Steelers. Making you a back stabbing traitor! You are a disgrace to your Terrible Towel! And, worst of all, probably a closet Ravens fan. (Katie is totally apolitical, so don't try to offer excuses or reason with her).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    ....I thought for sure you be wacchin!

Hell at least they made it to Playoffs...
    Trust me, this entire year hurt to sit out, but is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    My grieving friend Katie believes Jim should give up all claims to being a Steelers fan. Her diehard born and raised Steelers fanatic opinion is that nothing outside the lines should affect your loyalty and devotion to the mighty Steelers. Making you a back stabbing traitor! You are a disgrace to your Terrible Towel! And, worst of all, probably a closet Ravens fan. (Katie is totally apolitical, so don't try to offer excuses or reason with her).
    Facts are, no fans in attendance this year - and players wearing social messages in pre-game and $20-$30k cleats honoring folks that have nothing to do with football (But I admire that). And carrying banners and more with protest messages and not NFL messages. Having dual national anthems in so many games, not exactly about unity. A bunch of other things that I prefer for another place and time, and same as football.

A diehard fan such as myself, fanatic less than no other... my loyalty and devotion are second to none when it comes to my beloved Steelers.

No, a backstabbing traitor would leave them. Wouldn't come back. Wouldn't buy another hat or jersey ever again. Wouldn't watch again.

And Ravens? Or Brownies? Or Oilers? Cincy? Other than oozing hatred, no closet fan for any of them.

If she understood - the boycott wasn't against my Steelers but against the NFL as a league.

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I cheated a little ... I had the score card pinned so I could watch the score as I was reading. I'm glad I wasn't watching.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I cheated a little ... I had the score card pinned so I could watch the score as I was reading. I'm glad I wasn't watching.
    Oh, that's ok, that wasn't cheating! I did that too in some games during the year, any game didn't matter. Just shows a little screen with the score and where the ball is and current down. They get zero money from us doing that - and I also have even ads blocked, which I'm confident you do as well. So it may show a tad of interest - but nothing more. And that no more is what they want!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Oh, that's ok, that wasn't cheating! I did that too in some games during the year, any game didn't matter. Just shows a little screen with the score and where the ball is and current down. They get zero money from us doing that - and I also have even ads blocked, which I'm confident you do as well. So it may show a tad of interest - but nothing more. And that no more is what they want!!
    Even watching that little scorecard made me say "what the hell are they doing?!?"
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

13. Likes jimnyc liked this post