Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default Bypassing VIP paywalls

Hi, I'm NT and I was the kid that copied music and movies with blatant disregard to the stern warnings advising against such activities.

As I'm setting up the new Brave browser to ditch Google Chrome, I had to set up my browser extensions again.

A very powerful and handy extension to protect yourself & computer from intrusive sites - and those attempting to keep you out of a VIP article that you wish to read on sites like RedState, Townhall, Hotair and many others - is Domain Blocker.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...idpkoocfafajfa

A tool like Domain Blocker needs to be used carefully. Something that's a real eye-opener is opening one of your favorite sites and looking at the Domain Blocker window to see how many hundreds of sites are involved in your browsing experience. Very few of them are benign, but there are a few. If you block something you think is bad, do a refresh to check that the site still works. If you chose wrong and the site goes batshit crazy, you just simply re-enable that item, refresh, and continue on.

Anyway, to bypass the VIP gatekeeper at the sites mentioned above, simply open Domain Blocker while on that locked article that you want to read, and disable all instances of Tinypass. There's like 4 of them, disable them all, hit refresh, and boom! You're in.

This also vastly increases your web browsing speed and reduces your data consumption as you build your list of sites to reject communications with - a very important factor when surfing wirelessly on your cell or tethered to it. For instance, on my current blacklist on Foxnews.com's main page, my laptop immediately rejects communications with 20 different sites all wanting to show me ads, track my location, look at my cookies, any number of things I'm not interested in sharing at my expense and time.

Be aware that there are some paywalls that are very well built and you don't have the option to use Domain Blocker to simply block the query from their paywall. These are usually top-tier sites that have very talented IT people running the show. But I'd estimate that 30% of paywalls can be defeated by such software and tactics.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 01-13-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well written, Rick!!

An awesome option for someone starting with a new browser, or someone starting as a beginner as well, as you can build and learn as you go along.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I have been using Brave for awhile. However, there is a thing called the Epic Privacy Browser with a built-in VPN. It seems promising. You can even choose between about 7 countries to VPN from. I don't use all that kind of stuff on here DP because I assume that no one is going to pull any dirty tricks.

https://www.epicbrowser.com/
    Last edited by tailfins; 01-13-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

5. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post