They wrote: "ancient sacred dances of liberation and wellness". What a bunch of bullshit IMO. The entire writing was bullshit IMO and disrespectful to the memory of Martin Luther King Jr.

To mention his name and his "I have a dream" speech in the middle of twerking is disgusting also IMO. This whole twerking crap came about in the 90's and on, and I never understood it. Personally, I find it disgusting and degrading, and yet they still do it. Miley Cyrus was credited with inventing it which is also bullshit. She just does it, or tries, and looks like an idiot like the rest. Acting like they are having sex and often backing up to a guy to further simulate it. And to take this to Washington and put it together with MLK and make a relation somehow, yeah, he would be proud.

I had to mix youtube with a photo of the video on their Instagram page.

---

Black Lives Matter Celebrates MLK Day with ‘Twerk on Washington’ Video

The verified Instagram account of Black Lives Matter shared a video montage of a woman twerking at various sites in Washington, D.C, as part of its Martin Luther King Day messaging campaign Monday.

While wearing stars and stripes-themed s.horts, the featured model twerks at several D.C. landmarks, including the Lincoln Memorial, National Mall, Washington Monument, and the World World II Memorial

Black Lives Matter described the music video as part of a “decolonization of oversexualizing Black women’s bodies” in its attached message:

Twerk on Washington is a declaration of freedom and healing. Advocating for the decolonization of oversexualizing Black women’s bodies to reclaim an ancient sacred dances of liberation and wellness. Sampling the “I Have a Dream” by the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. The shame of traditional African practices is not ours. Trauma is kept in the body, shake it off.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hington-video/