Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default My daughter got the first part of the Covid-19 vaccine today

She is still alive, so that is a good thing. I have to credit her doctor's persistence in badgering the state health department to fulfill its promises. It is Operation Warped Thinking out here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I signed up my parents for theirs on March 5th and my girlfriend is going to get hers at the end of February.

Since they are all over 65, they get to go first. I am just a kid, only 63 .

My Mom didn't want to go, said she was afraid to get the vaccine... I credit that to politicians who claimed that they would not trust any vaccines made by Donald Trump. That percolated down to CNN, which my mom's friends heard, and gave her ideas. Honest to God, what evil lurks when a bunch of old ladies start gossiping!

I signed her up anyway and now she is going or else (I haven't figured out the "or else" part...)

Get this... you have to provide not one but TWO forms of identification when you get your shot, one is a New York Photo ID (e.g. a driver's license) and a proof of occupation (they're retired, so what do I do in this case?).

Strange thinking... you need to have ID to get the vaccine and none to vote. What happened to the argument that minorities who don't drive are being discriminated against? Just saying.

I'm thinking of signing up my grandmother and grandfather too... they've been dead for nearly 30 years....
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan