Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Rep. Stephen Lynch Tests Positive for COVID-19

I already had a lack of faith to an extent thus far with the vaccines. A lot of stories about the side effects. Now someone who got Covid after the 2nd shot. And then, how many more vaccines will be needed or altered down the line to adapt?

---

Rep. Stephen Lynch Tests Positive for COVID-19

U.S. Rep. Stephen Lynch, D-Mass., has tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced Friday.

Lynch, who had already received both doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine, was tested for the virus after a staff member in his Boston office tested positive earlier in the week. The congressman received his positive test Friday afternoon.

Lynch's office says that he did continue to follow COVID-19 safety protocols, such as social distancing and wearing a mask, even after receiving the vaccine.

A statement from Pfizer said that it can take seven days for protection from the second dose to kick in. However, the statement from Lynch's office said the congressman received the second dose vaccine before attending President Joe Biden's inauguration on Jan. 20, nine days before his positive test.

Lynch, who represents the state's 8th Congressional District, also tested negative for COVID-19 prior to the inauguration.

Rest - https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...id-19/2288818/

New clinical trials raise fears the coronavirus is learning how to resist vaccines

New data showing that two COVID-19 vaccines are far less effective in South Africa than in other places they were tested have heightened fears that the coronavirus is quickly finding ways to elude the world’s most powerful tools to contain it.

The U.S. company Novavax reported this week that although its vaccine was nearly 90% effective in clinical trials conducted in Britain, the figure fell to 49% in South Africa — and that nearly all the infections the company analyzed in South Africa involved the B.1.351 variant that emerged there late last year and has spread to the United States and at least 30 other countries.

Johnson & Johnson announced Friday that its new shot was 72% effective against preventing moderate or severe illness in the United States, compared with 66% in Latin America and 57% in South Africa.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...040855671.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

No reason to worry. The vaccine is 95% effective; this Congressman is just one of the 5%.

What I'm mostly worried about is why we wasted so many doses of vaccine on the members of Congress. No member of Congress should get a vaccine until every police, fire, hospital, high risk person, and grocery worker gets both their doses.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Covid survival rate is 90%+.

Not sure taking vaccine will make that number go up.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Covid survival rate is 90%+.

Not sure taking vaccine will make that number go up.
    The sad truth is this thing was made political almost immediately...
    The entire world got shut down, disrupted and billions of lives harmed because--
    of a virus that has an overall fatality rate of less than 1%....
    One then must think if the insane overreaction was justified..
    Easy answer is-HELL NO!
    BUT- it was used by those hellbent on effecting change--"worldwide".
    Those hellbent on taking great control of the masses- the world mass.
    Which one could then almost begin to think that the virus is just a bit too damn convenient!
    And in that vein -maybe even designed for a purpose!!
    And designed not by Nature but by man....-- hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm;;;
    I do not believe in something being that damn convenient--coming along thanks to Nature-- and serving such an agenda...
    Seems far more likely that it was helped/brought along to serve such an agenda..... --Tyr

From below listed link....
    Based on the “Scenario 5: Current Best Estimate” for the IFR, Breitbart News confirmed the updated age-specific survival rates: 0-19 years old, 99.997 percent; 20-49 years old, 99.98 percent; 50-69 years, 99.5 percent; and 70 years old or older, 94.6 percent.

Excluding the fatality rate for seniors results in the average IFR dropping to 0.174 percent.

CDC Data Shows High Virus Survival Rate: 99%-Plus for Ages 69 and Younger, 94.6% for Older
    NUTLEY, NJ - FEBRUARY 28: A researcher works in a lab that is developing testing for the COVID-19 coronavirus at Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation on February 28, 2020 in Nutley, New Jersey. The facility develops novel therapies for some of the world’s most difficult diseases. At …Kena Betancur/Getty Images
    EDWIN MORA25 Sep 2020Washington, DC4,368
    3:32
    The U.S. Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) recently updated its estimated Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) parameters to include age-specific data showing the vast majority of people who contract the Chinese coronavirus survives.

CDC’s new IFR estimates broken down by age are part of the agency’s September 10 update to its “COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios.”

Based on the “Scenario 5: Current Best Estimate” for the IFR, Breitbart News confirmed the updated age-specific survival rates: 0-19 years old, 99.997 percent; 20-49 years old, 99.98 percent; 50-69 years, 99.5 percent; and 70 years old or older, 94.6 percent.

That means that for people 69 years old or younger, the survival rate is between 99.5 percent and 99.997 percent, while for those 70 or older, it is an estimated 94.6 percent.

Breitbart News gleaned the survival rate figures from the CDC’s IFR estimates: 0-19 years old, 0.003 percent; 20-49 years old, 0.02 percent; 50-69 years, 0.5 percent; 70 years old or older, 5.4 percent.

Driven by the high rate among seniors age 70 and older, the average of the age-specific IFRs included in the CDC document stands at an estimated 1.5 percent. That is much higher than the seasonal flu’s mortality rate of about 0.1 percent but substantially lower than death rate estimates prior to the nationwide lockdowns intensifying.

Excluding the fatality rate for seniors results in the average IFR dropping to 0.174 percent.

In May, the CDC suggested the overall IFR stood at 0.26 percent, about eight to 15 times lower than earlier mortality rate estimates of two to four percent.

The IFR, or true fatality rate, accounts for all infected individuals (asymptomatic and symptomatic). Meanwhile, the Case Fatality Rate (CFR) only includes confirmed cases.

The IFR tends to be lower and considered more accurate because it is a more comprehensive representation of the death rate.

Asymptomatic cases are harder to detect, so officials often use estimates based on tests for antibodies against the novel coronavirus disease.

The five scenarios mentioned in the CDC document are meant to help inform “decisions by public health officials” and help them “evaluate the potential effects of different community mitigation strategies,” including social distancing.

Data in the planning scenarios document may “also be useful to hospital administrators in assessing resource needs,” the agency said.

“The planning scenarios are being used by mathematical modelers throughout the Federal government,” it added.

Despite the U.S. leading the world in the number of cases, more people have contracted the virus in this country without dying as compared to other nations.
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-02-2021 at 08:55 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm in no hurry to get in line for this vaccine that's more political than medical. It's been rushed through the process for political purposes.

To put it in perspective, I was a military pin cushion the first 41 years of my life. Plague, cholera, typhus, TB, anthrax. rubella and whatever else the military and/or civil governments were deeming necessary to protect me. I survived the typhoid and choler a shots which basically put you in dead roach position for a good 24-48 hours. Point is, I ain't afraid of a shot.

What's going to happen is the same thing with every other vaccine. doors will be closed if you don't have it.

The one big reason for getting it in my book is so I can get ride of this Chinese mask, but I don't see that happening. Not a very good vaccine if you ask me.

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm in no hurry to get in line for this vaccine that's more political than medical. It's been rushed through the process for political purposes.

To put it in perspective, I was a military pin cushion the first 41 years of my life. Plague, cholera, typhus, TB, anthrax. rubella and whatever else the military and/or civil governments were deeming necessary to protect me. I survived the typhoid and choler a shots which basically put you in dead roach position for a good 24-48 hours. Point is, I ain't afraid of a shot.

What's going to happen is the same thing with every other vaccine. doors will be closed if you don't have it.

The one big reason for getting it in my book is so I can get ride of this Chinese mask, but I don't see that happening. Not a very good vaccine if you ask me.
    The Chinese virus--== a perfect vehicle for control of the masses.

SO, SO, SO, SO, VERY CONVENIENT....... one must wonder about that being so damn very convenient and so quickly spread worldwide.

And how it came along just in time for the election, too.. hmmmm....

And after Trump having bent the communist Chinese over the table a few times.. hhhmmm.... --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

12. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The Chinese virus--== a perfect vehicle for control of the masses.

SO, SO, SO, SO, VERY CONVENIENT....... one must wonder about that being so damn very convenient and so quickly spread worldwide.

And how it came along just in time for the election, too.. hmmmm....

And after Trump having bent the communist Chinese over the table a few times.. hhhmmm.... --Tyr
    If one would believe the left, China and the MSM, everything is just a coincidence. Every time. Event after even, day after day, year after year.

So how many "coincidences" exactly does it take before they are patterns and not coincidences?

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Rov v Wade

"My body. My choice."

If it works for killing babies it should work for anything the government wants to inject into my body.

I'm retired. Don't need for work. Might not be allowed to travel but I really don't go anywhere anyway.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

16. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post