Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Those Whiney troops dont need time off

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070919/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

Republicans speak their minds about troop support.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

"whiney"? More rhetoric from the board dolt!

"The idea of winning the war in Iraq is beginning to get a second look," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who led opposition to the bill alongside Sen. John McCain.
    But momentum behind the bill stalled Wednesday after Sen. John Warner, R-Va., announced he decided the consequences would be disastrous. Warner, a former longtime chairman of the Armed Services Committee, had voted in favor of the measure in July but said he changed his mind after talking to senior military officials.
    "We have a new strategy. We have success on the ground," said McCain. Pulling out troops would spark "chaos and genocide in the region, and we will be back," he said.
    So where are the comments you allude to that republicans referred to the troops as "whiney"?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, we've done our part for them. We've got the "support the troops" magnet that proves it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have no doubt that our military can obtain a military victory...but to what end?

the root problem in Iraq will not be nullified by an American military victory, IMHO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I have no doubt that our military can obtain a military victory...but to what end?

the root problem in Iraq will not be nullified by an American military victory, IMHO.
    I don't understand how a military victory can ever be achieved. We're facing ideology. You can't kill ideology. Even if we killed every man, woman and child who fights against us, their relatives and friends would take up their cause. It's an endless fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I don't understand how a military victory can ever be achieved. We're facing ideology. You can't kill ideology. Even if we killed every man, woman and child who fights against us, their relatives and friends would take up their cause. It's an endless fight.
    nazi germany.....imperialistic japan.....stalinist russia.....fascist italy and spain.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    nazi germany.....imperialistic japan.....stalinist russia.....fascist italy and spain.....
    dont confuse people with the facts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Of course you have no understanding of how a military victory can be achieved. You are not in the military and have no education in military arts or tactics. Let the individuals who are best suited to make these calls make them.

As for this being an endless fight....during which war was it not an endless fight? I don't recall anyone saying WWI would be over by 1919 or we will finish WWII on a schedule. It doesn't ever happen that way. This conflict will be over when it is safe for us to come home.

And the republicans voted to stop the dem's from setting a timeline. There are already regulations in the armed forces that allow for the required training between deployments. Let the services handle this internally, like they have been.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    Ain't historical knowledge grand?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess I don't get it? The Military Commanders themselves say that this "situation" in Iraq can not be won or settled by the Military? That a diplomatic solution is the only way to achieve our goals in Iraq?

Were they WRONG?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I guess I don't get it? The Military Commanders themselves say that this "situation" in Iraq can not be won or settled by the Military? That a diplomatic solution is the only way to achieve our goals in Iraq?

Were they WRONG?

Who are "Military Commanders"?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post

Were they WRONG?
    Which commanders? General Patraeus (sp?) just finished saying that our goals are achieveable in from of both houses of congress. Sorry. (sarcasm)I forgot he is a puppet to the administration....I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about! (sarcasm)

AF
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."

Mark Twain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quit your whining and realise when she spoon feeds you the names you will just say they are a bunch of Disgruntled employees or some other stupid whiney thing.

You could get hit with a truckload (and have been) evidence of how bankrupt of morals this admin is and you would just lay there with your eyes closed and your hands over your ears screaming "I can hear you ,I cant hear you" and scream like sissy boys about "why dont they just leave Bush alone".

Your brain dead and whats worse is you are brain dead by choice.

Your ranks will go down in history along side Bush as the worst batch of Americans to date.

Quit your whining!
    Last edited by truthmatters; 09-20-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    Quit your whining and realise when spoon feeds you the h=names you will just say they are a bunch of Disgruntled employees or some ohter stupid whiney thing.

You could get hit with a truckload (and have been) evididence of how bankrupt of moral this admin is and you would just lay there with your eyes closed and your hands over your ears screaming "I can hear you ,I cant hear you" and scream like sissy boys about "why dont they just leave Bush alone".

Your brain dead and whats worse is you are brain deead by choice.

Your ranks will go down in history along side Bush as the worst batch of Americans to date.

Quit your whining!
    What are you talking about? Anybody able to translate that to this discussion?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buy a clue and wipe the tears from your whiny eyes.