Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default As Texas freezes in the dark, Ted Cruz takes his family to Cancun

The freeways were closed due to ice and snow, so Cruz got transportation assistance from the Houston Police Department. Even the GOP governor of Texas remained in Austin, in temporary quarters due to busted pipes. Cruz knows that, like Trump, he is bullet proof and can do whatever he wants without consequences. --------------> https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...without-power/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The freeways were closed due to ice and snow, so Cruz got transportation assistance from the Houston Police Department. Even the GOP governor of Texas remained in Austin, in temporary quarters due to busted pipes. Cruz knows that, like Trump, he is bullet proof and can do whatever he wants without consequences. --------------> https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...without-power/
    I heard about the cruise. He's heading back. Another unforced error.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 02-18-2021 at 02:32 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Cruz is returning because the media found out about his trip. Not that he needs to. Cruz is bullet proof.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Cruz is returning because the media found out about his trip. Not that he needs to. Cruz is bullet proof.
    That's what many thought about GA. How'd that work out?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I guess they hold Ted in such high regard they think he can change the weather and restore power in one single bound? Really.

He is just another target on the right tagged for elimination.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

6. Thanks icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes icansayit, NightTrain, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Tell us what you said when Obama played Golf during Flooding Gabby?

ALSO gabby. Honestly tell us IF YOU COULD AFFORD TO LEAVE the Earthquakes, Fires, and NEWSOME mud slides...YOU WOULDN'T TAKE YOUR FAMILY SOMEWHERE SAFE????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iana-flooding/
    Last edited by icansayit; 02-18-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

8. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

What, exactly, is Cruz supposed to do?

He's a Senator. Not a Governor or Mayor. Do you expect him to roll up his sleeves and start handing out firewood on a street corner?

This mess is 100% because Texas - as a State - decided to go with too much 'Green' energy. That means when the wind turbines don't turn and the solar arrays are covered in snow & ice, they don't have sufficient power to meet demand.

Ted's only role here is to remind Texas that depending on solar and wind to meet demands without having backup is stupid. They're a huge oil & natural gas state.

This is what happens when Proggies get involved in critical infrastructure. Pushing this stupid green agenda with no common sense Plan B to provide energy has lethal consequences.

This is a good reminder to the rest of the country that green energy is unreliable. It's okay to dabble in it, but insanely reckless to implement it without keeping in mind reliable backup.

Who cares if Cruz went to Cancun? This wasn't his idea nor does he have any power to fix it or assist.

This is the Babbling Buffoon Biden's arena for Fed disaster relief, and the Governor and the different Mayors around the State.

How's Biden measuring up on assisting Texas in their time of need? Think maybe the dummy will reconsider his New Green Deal bullshit that he wants to foist upon America? Doubtful.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Kathianne, LongTermGuy, Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

He's a Senator. Not a Governor or Mayor. Do you expect him to roll up his sleeves and start handing out firewood on a street corner?

This mess is 100% because Texas - as a State - decided to go with too much 'Green' energy. That means when the wind turbines don't turn and the solar arrays are covered in snow & ice, they don't have sufficient power to meet demand.

Ted's only role here is to remind Texas that depending on solar and wind to meet demands without having backup is stupid. They're a huge oil & natural gas state.

This is what happens when Proggies get involved in critical infrastructure. Pushing this stupid green agenda with no common sense Plan B to provide energy has lethal consequences.

This is a good reminder to the rest of the country that green energy is unreliable. It's okay to dabble in it, but insanely reckless to implement it without keeping in mind reliable backup.

Who cares if Cruz went to Cancun? This wasn't his idea nor does he have any power to fix it or assist.

This is the Babbling Buffoon Biden's arena for Fed disaster relief, and the Governor and the different Mayors around the State.

How's Biden measuring up on assisting Texas in their time of need? Think maybe the dummy will reconsider his New Green Deal bullshit that he wants to foist upon America? Doubtful.

Actually, renewables had little to do with the problems. Most of the outages were due to issues with natural gas production. And, because of deregulation, they are unable to import power from other states when they need it most. it's a messed up situation all the way around..

How the Texas power grid failed and what could stop it from happening again
    Last edited by hjmick; 02-18-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

12. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Actually, renewables had little to do with the problems. Most of the outages were due to issues with natural gas production. And, because of deregulation, they are unable to import power from other states when they need it most. it's a messed up situation all the way around..

How the Texas power grid failed and what could stop it from happening again

That's weird... I read that it was because the wind turbines iced up and failed - that's a huge problem up here.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cry us a river!

Only "Jealous" (that's the nature of liberalism and the foundation thereof......they have an innate need to have what others possess without the hassle of work) limp wristed, tofu eating liberals would give a rat's rear end about the success, power and wealth of others. They pretend not to be interested in wealth and power........yet every post demonstrates the truth.

If the power went out in my area and it was locked in a deep freeze......and I had the ability to jet off with my family to a warmer "safer" area, it would take more than some liberal cancel culture to bring me home until my family was safe. God, Family and then all the rest of you tofu eating jealous want'a bees, always buzzing with envy.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Now do you really want to know what I think? The Chicom Democrats have stolen power again........what else do you covet?
    Last edited by Flavius; 02-18-2021 at 06:30 PM.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

I gotta say I was surprised they hadn't included back up fuel. Sure TX. like AZ has plenty of wind. Sun, and open spaces. No state or country has the battery capacity to store excess, but for moments. Not available yet or maybe ever

18. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default As Texas freezes in the dark, Ted Cruz takes his family to Cancun

And while hair salons were shut down in California, Queen Pelosi was getting her hair done. She claimed the salon set her up, the resulting stir over the matter caused the salon owner to close her doors permanently

And while mask mandates and social distancing mandates were in effect your governor was caught rubbing elbows and not wearing a mask at a dinner with some lobbyists
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

20. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Anybody wanna become the next ZILLIONAIRE???

Wind, Solar, Thermal, and Nuclear....DO NOT HAVE THE SCIENTIFIC CAPABILITIES to STORE electricity.
    BATTERIES of all kinds are LIMITED, Can only be used as a Temporary replacement for A.C. or D.C. current that runs through wires. BUT IT CANNOT BE STORED like water, oil, or natural gas. Which is WHY turbines have to be running all the time in order to GENERATE electricity.

The next ZILLIONAIRE will be that one Human being who comes up with a way to STORE, INDEFINATELY....Electric power. NOT BATTERIES. Actual containers of some sort that can provide INSTANT electric power whenever it's required.

What the NEW GREEN DEAL DEMOCRAT IDIOTS refuse to tell the American people...is the truth. THE TRUTH IS....WIND, SOLAR, THERMAL, NUCLEAR, and even BATTERIES....
    (Are you ready for this??????)

ALL REQUIRE FOSSIL FUELS TO BE MADE, MANUFACTURED, TRANSPORTED, INSTALLED, AND TESTED...WITH a non-replaceable Fossil Fuel.

That's our SCIENCE LESSON OF TRUTH TODAY for the AOC's and BIDENS.
    But they DON'T CARE.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.

22. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default After reading my previous message. Please watch the video

Here...

24. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Electric Car Charging stations".....Charging off of power grid which is 95% Coal"

"They still get almost all of their energy from the grid. Most superchargers do not even have solar panels, and in practice the idea is totally impractical with current solar technology.A supercharger gives an 85kWh model S a half charge in 20 minutes. That equates to a power output of around 120kW. With 1kW per meter square solar panels, which is typical, that's about 120 square meters of panels. That's nearly ten times the size of a typical parking space (about 16 square meters)
    I love Tesla, but the solar canopies on the superchargers are marketing bullshit. Unless he you see a field of solar panels next door, the power is from the grid"

26. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Likes icansayit liked this post