Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    THIS has nothing to do with the LIES the swift vets and their followers put out, does it?

well, does it? NO is the answer.
    Again they didnt lie. They had one story and stuck to it contrary to Kerry whose story changed every single time he told it. Like I said, who should we believe? The troops who were there and whose story is consistant? Or the soldier whose story changes every single time its told and then turns around and maligns the previously mentioned soldiers for their service.

Kerry's entire carreer has been on the backs of those people who honorably served in Vietnam. He has lied about his fellow soldiers. He lied about his own service. And even if he was a war hero his actions since the war have disgraced him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Again they didnt lie. They had one story and stuck to it contrary to Kerry whose story changed every single time he told it. Like I said, who should we believe? The troops who were there and whose story is consistant? Or the soldier whose story changes every single time its told and then turns around and maligns the previously mentioned soldiers for their service.

Kerry's entire carreer has been on the backs of those people who honorably served in Vietnam. He has lied about his fellow soldiers. He lied about his own service. And even if he was a war hero his actions since the war have disgraced him.

no...they DID lie.

his fellow swiftboat commander Larry Thurlowwho claimed that Kerry had NOT received enemy fire in the engagement for which he, Kerry, was awarded the bronze star, also received a bronze star for the exact same engagement and his citation refers to enemy fire. A lie.

the CO George Elliot who gave he a stellar fitness report that ranked him #1 in all boat commanders in CD11 came to Boston harbor a quarter of a century and told the crowd there at a Kerry for Senate rally that Kerry was a hero and a great leader. Is the swiftie book, he calls Kerry unfit. EIther he lied then, or he's lying now.

Here is a quote from the fitrep he gave Kerry:
    "In a combat environment often requiring independent, decisive action, LTJG [Lieutenant Junior Grade] Kerry was unsurpassed. He constantly reviewed tactics and lessons learned in river operations and applied his experience at every opportunity. On one occasion, while in tactical command of a three boat operation his units were taken under fire from ambush. LTJG Kerry rapidly assessed the situation and ordered his units to turn directly into the ambush. This decision resulted in routing the attackers with several KIA [Killed in Action]. LTJG Kerry emerges as the acknowledged leader in his peer group. His bearing and appearance are above reproach."

unfit for command? really??? Man...all the rest of those bozos in CD11 must have been REALLY fucked up!

swifties = liars
    Last edited by retiredman; 09-21-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and if you wanted to find out what sort of naval officer I was, you would NOT get very good information asking a sailor on another ship moored down the pier. You WOULD get good information if you asked my crew, my department, my division....

the sailors on Kerry's boat, with only one exception, are fanatical in their loyalty to him even to this day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

Go get the individual lies you are talking about or shut your mouth.
    You are doing nothing but regurgitating what you have been told to say by talk radio or faux news. Prove one claim you have about Kerry or prove you are a liar who spreads rumors like a spoiled school girl.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    Go get the individual lies you are talking about or shut your mouth.
    You are doing nothing but regurgitating what you have been told to say by talk radio or faux news. Prove one claim you have about Kerry or prove you are a liar who spreads rumors like a spoiled school girl.

POT MEET KETTLE

This is too rich coming form you who only regurgitates web sights and really has no independent thought of your own!!!!

You also refuse to answer explicit questions put to you and dance around everything....
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Why do Democrats hate to condemn those who impugn a man who has dedicated his life to our country?
    IMO, they do not respect the same freedoms you and I do. Instead of securing the freedom they believe should exist, they break down current infrastructure in order to get their way. They do not engage in constructive criticism, for once they think about "constructive" they realize that the bulk of their argument is lost.

It takes a certain kind of person to demean the person who plays a large part of your PERSONAL security. We are not talking about walking nazis, we are talking about a man who is trying to make this country safe. If they have something constructive to say, say it. But they are so fucking stupid that they would call a military general a "betrayer." They have no honor. They have no idea that what they are saying is like calling an innocent person a murder/rapist/molester. Then again, they don't care. Their way at all cost.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    oh no...this link of yours is SLOPPY, SLOPPY SLOPPY and has no truth or merit in it...

...Why don't don't you go and read what the military has to say about the issuing of purple hearts, not cherry pick like this CLEARLY PARTISAN ARTICLE you gave as a legitimate link.

jd
    You'll note that I've elected to ignore your hysterical deflections, and address only those precious few portions of your response that pertain to the issue I raised: factcheck.org.

You - who speak of "legitimate links" - cite a source which has sold out its most valuable commodity - its credibility. I cordially invite you to address - without the feigned outrage and baldfaced misdirection - Q and O's principal assertion:

"In the past, I've found FactCheck.org to produce good and solid arguments which counter much of the spin you're likely to see on both sides of the political spectrum. I was surprised and disappointed in this particular attempt to analyze the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's ad.

It appears to be biased, has a very incomplete and inaccurate analysis, commits horrible logical fallacies and frankly was not at all "factual". If you're going to name yourself "FactCheck.org", you'd better make sure the product you produce lives up to the name."

FactCheck has serious credibility and conflict of interest problems on the Swift Boat issue. FactCheck is the principal source of your assertions - the only citation you have thus far offered. Will you address their credibility problems? Will you refute the substance of the Q and O article? Have you a citation to offer from a source which has not - cheaply and transparently - sold itself out?