Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    **I guess your talking about States that dont allow "any" Guns?
    Not really. Even gun "friendly" states have specific laws for guns in cars. Without a permit most require the gun to be in a closed case and the ammo in a separate place. Along with that are laws that say you can only travel with the gun from purchase place or gunsmith for repair and home or from the range and home and no interruptions . . . You can't stop for any reason, to piss, to eat, even get gas.

**In the US no state has a complete ban on firearms as protected as a right by the 2nd Amendment
    In the home . . . once you step outside and especially when you get in a car, you'd better know the laws. No matter how far federal courts enforce the 2nd Amendment on the states, states will always have the power to set the laws for manner of carry. The 2nd Amendment is NOT your carry permit!

If one doesn't have "CC" one is still allowed to have a "approved" gun `in their car` as long as it is on the front seat (open view) passenger side...and...as long as one is in the car...

That is not safe advice for every state. One really needs to know the laws for each state they will be traveling through. I live in PA and often go to North Carolina for family and fishing the OBX. I have the PA permit and I also have a Utah non-resident permit which Delaware honors. I set my GPS for 1 mile short of the Maryland state line and I pull over and unload, empty the mags into the original ammo boxes and lock all that in one box then lock the pistol in another safe. I then reverse the process when I get into Virginia and I'm good to go right into NC.

You can not truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
    If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fishing Guru View Post

Not really. Even gun "friendly" states have specific laws for guns in cars. Without a permit most require the gun to be in a closed case and the ammo in a separate place. Along with that are laws that say you can only travel with the gun from purchase place or gunsmith for repair and home or from the range and home and no interruptions . . . You can't stop for any reason, to piss, to eat, even get gas.

In the home . . . once you step outside and especially when you get in a car, you'd better know the laws. No matter how far federal courts enforce the 2nd Amendment on the states, states will always have the power to set the laws for manner of carry. The 2nd Amendment is NOT your carry permit!

That is not safe advice for every state. One really needs to know the laws for each state they will be traveling through. I live in PA and often go to North Carolina for family and fishing the OBX. I have the PA permit and I also have a Utah non-resident permit which Delaware honors. I set my GPS for 1 mile short of the Maryland state line and I pull over and unload, empty the mags into the original ammo boxes and lock all that in one box then lock the pistol in another safe. I then reverse the process when I get into Virginia and I'm good to go right into NC.

I'm an Arizona resident. I have concealed carry permit primarily for when I travel to other states. Must know which states honor it.

In Arizona, in a vehicle, any adult person who is not a prohibited possessor may openly carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle whether in a holster, case, compartment, or in plain view. Persons under 21 may openly carry a loaded or unloaded firearm in a vehicle only if it is in plain view, i.e. discernible from the ordinary observation of a person located outside and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.
    20210226_233453.jpg
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Fishing Guru View Post

As controversial as firearms are in this Nation, it would be negligent to not know local laws AND the State and local laws where one is traveling. The old axiom "ignorance is no excuse when it comes to the law" applies. You can lose your weapons and end up in some state or local municipality's money mill trying to save your freedom.

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post