Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Merrick Garland Declines to Say He Will Keep Special Counsel John Durham

So his answers were not 100% committed to keeping Durham on board, but that he needed to speak with him - but that he sees no reason otherwise He claims he likes transparency, and points out transparency and the justice department. So I HOPE that's a good sign. But what I know and see, and Biden being a part of the Obama team, I also am expecting a lot of 'less than transparent'. So lets see who keeps their word.

Wit that in mind, do you think they keep John Durham and allow him to completely finish his investigation wherever it brings him? And most of us knowing many of the parties involved or potentially stand accused. How will this go forward? Will they toss him and eliminate this altogether? How much will he, if at all, be held back? And how? Lots of questions coming from this one.

---

Merrick Garland Declines to Say He Will Keep Special Counsel John Durham

Judge Merrick Garland, President Joe Biden’s nominee for U.S. Attorney General, declined to say on Monday whether he would retain Special Counsel John Durham in his role investigating the origins of the “Russia collusion” investigation.

Former Attorney General William Barr quietly elevated Durham to Special Counsel last fall, before the presidential election, to preserve his work in a potential new administration. Barr had previously said that he believed there may have been improper political motivations behind the FBI’s launch of Operation Hurricane Crossfire into Donald Trump’s campaign in 2016. One FBI lawyer, Kevin Clinesmith, pleaded guilty to misleading the FISA court to obtain a warrant.

Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-IA) asked Garland whether he would retain Durham, noting that Barr, in his own confirmation, committed explicitly to allowing Special Counsel Robert Mueller to continue the “Russia collusion” inquiry.

Garland would not commit. The following exchange took place:

Sen. Grassley: I will go to the Durham investigation. At Barr’s hearing, he stated the following [with] regard to the Mueller investigation. “It is virtually [sic[ important the special counsel be allowed to complete his investigation.” Also at that same hearing, Senator [Dianne] Feinstein asked, “Will you commit to providing Mr. Mueller with the resources, funds, and time needed to complete his investigation?” Attorney General Barr answered Senator Feinstein with a one-word, “Yes.” With respect to Special Counsel [John] Durham’s investigation, I expect that he will be allowed to complete his investigation. If confirmed, will you commit to providing Special Counsel Durham with the staff, resources, funds, and time needed to thoroughly complete the investigation?

Judge Garland: Senator, I don’t have any information about the investigation as I sit here today. And another one of the very first things I’m going to have to do is speak with Mr. Durham to figure out how his investigation is going. I understand he has been permitted to remain in his position. And sitting here today, I have no reason to think that that was not the correct decision.

Sen. Grassley: And I suppose that would be an answer that he would only be removed for cause, then? Would that be your position?

Judge Garland: Senator, I really do have to have an opportunity to talk with him. I have not had that opportunity. As I said, I don’t have any reason, from what I know now, which is really very little, to make any determination on that ground. But I don’t have any reason to think that he should not remain in place.

Sen. Grassley: If confirmed, would you commit to publicly releasing Special Counsel Durham’s report just like the Mueller report was made public?

Judge Garland: So Senator, I am a great believer in transparency. I would, though, have to talk with Mr. Durham and understand the nature of what he has been doing and the nature of the report. But I am very much committed to transparency and to explaining Justice Department decision-making.

Sen. Grassley: At this point, I’m not going to take exception to the answers you have gave me about Durham, because I think you are an honorable person. They are not quite as explicit as I hoped they would be, like we got from Barr for the Mueller Investigation. But I think you have come close to satisfying me. But maybe not entirely.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...l-john-durham/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Durham will be gone at the appropriate time. He is completely unqualified and has no place in Biden's administration. Same with the clueless idiot Louis DeJoy. I'm surprised he hasn't been canned already.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Durham will be gone at the appropriate time. He is completely unqualified and has no place in Biden's administration. Same with the clueless idiot Louis DeJoy. I'm surprised he hasn't been canned already.
    John Durham, unqualified? There's a reason he was given the job - as he has a stellar reputation and resume and is WAY more than qualified. And whether the administration or not is different than allowing an independent investigator to complete his investigation. If they want to toss him when his job is done, I would do the same.

Not sure WTF the USPS has to do with this, but IMO I would allow the entire operation to go the way it should be - privatized. But totally different thread. This is about Garland keeping or tossing John Durham, and by extension, keeping or firing an ongoing federal investigation.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Jim...what gabby actually means, but wouldn't honestly say is...

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    John Durham, unqualified? There's a reason he was given the job - as he has a stellar reputation and resume and is WAY more than qualified. And whether the administration or not is different than allowing an independent investigator to complete his investigation. If they want to toss him when his job is done, I would do the same.

Not sure WTF the USPS has to do with this, but IMO I would allow the entire operation to go the way it should be - privatized. But totally different thread. This is about Garland keeping or tossing John Durham, and by extension, keeping or firing an ongoing federal investigation.
    Durham should be fired because he dug up all of that ILLEGAL activity from the Clintons, Obama, Biden, and the HOLDOVER beaurocrats who have NEVER been elected to control anything but their UNION paychecks....Now BIDEN will be signing...if he uses the right end of the pen.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Durham is incompetent, but Mueller was more than qualified. I think my IQ just went down