Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Florida official to ignore DeSantis order to lower flags in honor of Rush Limbaugh

I find this disgusting as well.

So I get that it's not your everyday variety lowering of a flag, but far from unheard of. It states it's a law but I believe they cannot penalize folks. It's more of a guideline I believe. One that generally speaking, is always followed.

Florida law directs the governor’s office to develop guidelines, but says flags may be lowered "upon the death of high-ranking state officials, uniformed law enforcement and fire service personnel, and prominent citizens."
    Due to their oozing irrational hatred, some are refusing to follow Desantis order. Due to one persons or a few persons personal beliefs, that means that no one else can see or feel the respect that was ordered for this man. They hate the fact that he was given a medal. They hate the fact that Desantis made this order - so they simply cannot find it in their hearts to simply lower a flag.

Some may not know this - but if a governor gives such an order, not only state buildings and courthouse only are supposed to follow, but also all federal buildings within that state. I'm not gonna post the proof, this way anyone that doesn't take my word for it will have to look it up to prove me wrong, only to find out I am right.

And these days sometimes shit is so easy to find they go out of their way to toss it in your face. And of course the Dems do as they please and don't care about others.

For me - its simply about respect. Respect for the deceased. Respect for the grieving.

---

Florida official to ignore DeSantis order to lower flags in honor of Rush Limbaugh

Not every Florida politician is looking to pay tribute to Rush Limbaugh.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried announced Monday that she would disregard an order by Gov. Ron DeSantis to lower flags in the state to half-staff to pay tribute to Limbaugh, the conservative firebrand radio host who died last week after a battle with lung cancer.

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool,” Fried, a Democrat, said in a statement. “Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh — because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”

On Friday, DeSantis announced his decision to lower flags at government buildings in Florida to honor the man who made a career attacking Democratic politicians and policies. The flags, DeSantis said, would be lowered on the day that Limbaugh was laid to rest.

"When there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of interment for Rush is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half-staff," DeSantis said at a news conference in Palm Beach County.

Limbaugh was a close political ally of former President Donald Trump, who awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to the talk radio host during the 2020 State of the Union address. DeSantis, who ran ads during his 2018 gubernatorial race proclaiming that he held views identical to Trump’s, expressed his personal fondness for Limbaugh on Friday.

“There’s not much that needs to be said, the guy was an absolute legend,” he said of Limbaugh, who resided in Palm Beach. “He was a friend of mine and just a great person.”

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-o...195557140.html

Federal facilities must follow the state's lead for half-staff proclamations.

Here's one - gettysburgflag(dot)com/fly-flag-half-mast

And another, a story about it - nytimes(dot)com/2007/07/03/washington/03flag.html#:~:text=WASHINGTON%2C%20July%202%20%C2 %97%20All%20federal%20buildings%20in,under%20a%20l aw%20President%20Bush%20signed%20on%20Friday.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

DeSantis is governor of Florida and his orders should be followed without question. You might not like it, but it's not your decision to make.

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    DeSantis is governor of Florida and his orders should be followed without question. You might not like it, but it's not your decision to make.
    Thank you, while not needed.

To me it's simple respect for the deceased and grieving, more so than the following what the governor said. But absolutely, it's also respect for the decision of the governor, not the person. So when reversed, an a democrat governor should order half staff for a very prominent Democrat citizen - it also should simply be honored out of respect. It shouldn't be IMO about the letter after the governors name, nor about the affiliation the deceased had.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock