Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Hypocrite in Chief speaks up about reparations

So Obama was all for them when he was elected, regardless of what he said. But it was a "non-starter" due to "white resistance".

I wonder just who these white people were that had more power than the president? And why generalities and not just naming names and stating what took place?

---

Obama reveals ‘white resistance’ stopped him from pushing for reparations

‘What I saw during my presidency was the talk of welfare queens and the talk of the undeserving poor and the backlash against affirmative action’

Throughout his presidential terms, it appeared that Barack Obama was opposed to reparations in America. Now, the former president is clarifying that he does believe reparations for Black Americans are ‘justified’ but that overt resistance from white people in power stopped him from pushing for it during his presidency.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/obama-reveals...211641093.html

So people born today, with opportunity today, and an entirely different world today - should receive money. If an ancestor of yours was involved in slavery, then you deserve recognition & compensation? I complete disagree with the entire idea of reparations. There is just no way that anyone could ever convince me that people born today in America, with zero part to do with anything that took place 150+ years ago, deserve money from our government which is ultimately money from citizens.

Some say the government/states or whomever was complicit in some manner and should have to pay as a result. Those people are long gone and there have been a billion changes since then. If anyone is alive, hold them accountable. If any salves are alive, then they should be compensated. And just maybe, if someone lived with another that had suffered, then maybe that would be reason to compensate for that relative that suffered as they watched. Won't be many if you can find them, but that I can comprehend. Anything else is just people trying to make money off of history and simply shouldn't happen, IMO.

--

“If you ask me theoretically ‘are reparations justified?’ the answer is yes,” Mr Obama said.

“There’s not much question that the wealth of this country, the power of this country was built in significant part, not exclusively, maybe not even the majority of it, but a large portion of it was built on the backs of slaves,” he said.

He went on to say that the descendants of those who suffered “terrible, cruel, often arbitrary injustices” deserve compensation and recognition.

Mr Obama’s current stand is in contrast with his earlier comments on the subject. During his presidential campaign in 2008, he appeared to oppose reparations and said “the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed.”

from here - https://news.yahoo.com/obama-backs-r...124653973.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Why isn't someone demanding this asstard's tax returns?

3. Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post