Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default The vaccine didn't kill me or turn me into a crocodile

I qualified to sign up as an educator and the mother of a child with preexisting condition. This morning was my time for the first shot. I was a bit disappointed that nothing at all happened. No soreness, no side effects at all. I might be programmed to serve the government, but I can deal with that. Should I contact Bolsanaro in Brazil and tell him that I didn't turn into a crocodile? He might be disappointed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I qualified to sign up as an educator and the mother of a child with preexisting condition. This morning was my time for the first shot. I was a bit disappointed that nothing at all happened. No soreness, no side effects at all. I might be programmed to serve the government, but I can deal with that. Should I contact Bolsanaro in Brazil and tell him that I didn't turn into a crocodile? He might be disappointed.
    My Dad and step Mom both reported back the same, no pain in getting it, no soreness afterwards and no ill effects at all after about a week now, I think.

While there have been reports of many folks getting negative responses, and I'm just hoping that they were more isolated than anything. And of course we don't hear much back from the folks that have zero issues, and gotta keep that in mind. I see many arguments all the way around and I believe everyone should be entitled to do as they please.

I'll be getting it when I get the first opportunity. Hoping for the best and perhaps it will protect me more and protect others in the long run. And also increase the overall numbers so as to hopefully see more and more things opening up and getting back to "normal".

I know I may and sure do want to see my Dad sometime this year, whether that includes travel or not. He's 84, so it goes without saying. I like to travel sometimes too, and it simply may be necessary.

But I don't want this to be a game changer for our society. Bad enough as things are. I do not want any digital footprint of any of my medical information going around. I do not want to have to prove things everywhere I go, other than perhaps when hopping on an airline. And even then, it should be limited to your vaccine card and that's it, nothing digital.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I do not want any digital footprint of any of my medical information going around. I do not want to have to prove things everywhere I go, other than perhaps when hopping on an airline. And even then, it should be limited to your vaccine card and that's it, nothing digital.
    It's already out there. Not that it should be public knowledge. This is especially important if you plan foreign travel. Foreign governments will want to know in an instant if you are vaccinated. They won't want non-vaccinated visitors in their countries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Nah. You should quit being an asshole politicizing the vaccine President Trump got delivered to you in record time.

5. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Why would you worry about becoming SOMETHING YOU ALREADY ARE???

You sure did qualify, and you are the preexisting condition. No disappointment needed. It seems to come natural to most Radical Liberals. Always the Victim...is how you all play the game.
    Last edited by icansayit; 03-05-2021 at 12:32 AM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

7. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Nah. You should quit being an asshole politicizing the vaccine President Trump got delivered to you in record time.
    Trump had NOTHING to do with the vaccine I received. It was developed in Germany with no American funding and involvement. Trump did nothing but flap his gums about how much he was doing to help. While just the opposite was true.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Trump had NOTHING to do with the vaccine I received. It was developed in Germany with no American funding and involvement. Trump did nothing but flap his gums about how much he was doing to help. While just the opposite was true.

Pfizer is an American company, toots. It matters not where their partners were geographically located. And Trump was the impetus for getting that vaccine rolled out in astonishing time, despite every moonbat deriding his assertion that he'd have that vaccine being implemented before 2021.

Remember that? Yes, he was roundly mocked for it, bizarre as that seems. You moonbats were actually hoping he was wrong, nevermind that pulling off that feat would save countless lives. I can't think of a more shallow & vapid group of people, wishing death upon others to score a petty political point.

I suppose now that it's fact that he delivered the impossible, you can sleep tight at night knowing that President Trump made that wonderful medicine that even now courses through your veins and improved you on a cellular level.

You owe him a gratitude of debt. Lose your mindless hateful snarling at the obvious truth and embrace it. You'll be a better person for rightfully giving public thanks for his foresight and perserverance to make you safe.

Remember, Trump loves you. And be sure you vote for Trump in '24 and Cruz for Senator in the next election. Oh, and Abbott deserves reelection, too. Thank you for your service in MAGA.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

What NT just said. One would think after 18-ish years you'd know by now if I bother to say anything, you're wrong.

12. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

The jury is still out on the longer -term effects of it.
    So it might be better, if you are able, to truthfully state that a few years from now, imho.
    The old saying- "wait and see" often has great merit....--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Thanks Gunny, revelarts, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Pfizer is an American company, toots. It matters not where their partners were geographically located. And Trump was the impetus for getting that vaccine rolled out in astonishing time, despite every moonbat deriding his assertion that he'd have that vaccine being implemented before 2021.
    Except that Pfizer did not develop the vaccine. It was formulated and developed by BioNTech, a German biotechnology company based in Mainz. Pfizer is the American distributor for BioNTech. Pfizer did not take any money from the government. I find it convenient that members of the Trump Cult have closed their minds to these things. ---------> https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-c...7990396c1e3b5f

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Gee whiz gabby..

Your Hatred combined with Ignorance is OVERFLOWING more now, than when We actually had A HUMAN President who at least...KNEW WHAT DAY IT WAS.

In other words. Your TDS...better known as SWAMP SCUM is running over and infecting your tiny brain.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Except that Pfizer did not develop the vaccine. It was formulated and developed by BioNTech, a German biotechnology company based in Mainz. Pfizer is the American distributor for BioNTech. Pfizer did not take any money from the government. I find it convenient that members of the Trump Cult have closed their minds to these things. ---------> https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-c...7990396c1e3b5f

The funny thing about you is that you're not smart enough to read your own link :

Pfizer did sign an agreement with the U.S. government in July worth $1.95 billion — if the vaccine pans out and is cleared by the FDA — to supply 100 million doses. That guarantees Pfizer a U.S. market, an important incentive.

The supply side of Operation Warp Speed also allows Pfizer logistical help, although the company will directly ship its own vaccine, while the government will control shipping of other COVID-19 vaccines.

Pfizer’s announcement does not mean a vaccine has been approved and will immediately hit the market.

The next step for Pfizer would be to apply for “emergency use authorization” by the Food and Drug Administration, probably later this month, which would allow for limited distribution before it seeks full FDA approval for wider use by the general public in 2021.

You stand corrected. You're welcome.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That is truly ridiculous and completely wrong.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    The funny thing about you is that you're not smart enough to read your own link :

You stand corrected. You're welcome.
    Was just gonna post the same. But anyway, quite a bunch of companies jumped on the start of trying to develop a vaccine. Then came operation warp speed later. And then comes incentive to meet that warp speed and "win" in more ways than one. Incentive to be first was given, and then it was met, and if they pan out, then they benefit from operation warp speed and their agreement with the gubberment.

22. Thanks Gunny, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The deal made by the Trump administration was to purchase stock of the vaccine itself. It has nothing to do with the formulation or development of the vaccine. Which was done entirely in Germany. ------------------> The federal government’s deal with Pfizer would pay for the purchase of the company’s vaccine if it gets FDA emergency use authorization or approval. So Pfizer hasn’t gotten any Warp Speed funding yet. ------------------> https://www.politifact.com/article/2...operation-war/ -------------> BioNTech and Moderna were working on their vaccines while Trump was still denying the existence of Covid-19. Most of the funding from the Trump administration was for purchasing the stockpiles of already completed vaccine. The Trump administration had zero to do with developing the vaccine itself.