Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Website reveals if Google is SPYING on you with new hi-tech ‘ad tracker’

Don't know much about it and only use Chrome when I have to... mine tested safe.

---

Website reveals if Google is SPYING on you with new hi-tech ‘ad tracker’

A HANDY web tool lets people know if their internet activity is being snooped on by Google's controversial new "FLoC" ad-tracking system.

The website "Am I FLoCed" flags if you're one of the millions of users of Google's Chrome web browser recently selected to trial the technology.

Federated Learning of Cohorts or FLoC was announced by Google last month ahead of its ban of third-party cookies in Chrome.

Cookies are used by websites to track your activity as you move from page to page, logging your browsing history, shopping habits and more.

Google says that it will phase out the technology, which is used to target online ads, in 2022 as part of its pledge improve user privacy.

It's introducing FLoC – effectively a less invasive cookie system – to improve the anonymity of users while still collecting their data for targeted ads.

Critics of the new browser tech, which is being trialled in 0.5 per cent of Chrome users in countries including Australia, Canada and the United States, say that it still prioritises company profits over people's privacy.

One such critic is non-profit digital rights group The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), which has built a website that lets people know if they've been made a "guinea pig" in Google's ad-tech experiment.

Visitors to Am I Floced need simply tap the "check for FLoC ID" button to find out if they're being covertly tracked by the technology.

Rest - https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/te...ng-ad-tracker/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Of course they are. No question. IMO based on my own experience.

First clue everyone should know. If you leave your P.C. Laptop, or othe devices ALWAYS ON. You are letting GOOGLE and many others KNOW YOUR LOCATION.

Just the fact you may use GOOGLE to search, use their CLOUD, use CHROME, and go ONLINE everyday...lets them know. YOU ARE THERE. Ever wonder why the Advertisements that popup always advertise for LOCALLY owned businesses? GPS on all of your devices allows them to gather all the information they want ABOUT YOU, and EVERYBODY else you communicate with at any time.
    You don't have to take my word for it. I'm just an Old Sailor who was there when the INTERNET became that invisible tool...only the Military had access to at the time.

One more thing. If you do leave your P.C. on. If your Camera isn't closed...Nothing can stop anyone who knows how...to peek in on you whenever they want.
    My biggest recommendation....SHUT YOUR ELECTRONIC DEVICES DOWN when not in use.
    It's not a joke about BIG BROTHER. 1984 is active.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Google tracks your gmail account and Youtube habits also
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

5. Thanks icansayit thanked this post