John Nolte pretty much summarizes my perspective on rural America. I like the focus because it is an example of how well life and communities can be, but also don't like the focus because I do not want too many people to move into the area and erode our rural America values.

Nolte: Rural Trump Voters Already Live in the Safe, Tolerant Utopia Leftists Claim to Want

John Nolte12 Apr 2021
AlbertPego/Getty Images17:41
If I had to boil down the political wisdom I’ve learned over four decades of observing, studying, writing, and debating, it would be this…
Life in Rural America (which is where Republican Trump voters live and govern), is clean, safe and racially tolerant. Most places in America where life is dirty, polluted, dangerous, violent, and plagued with racial hate and race riots, are cities that are almost exclusively populated by and governed by Democrats.
Outside of these Democrat-run cities, America is peaceful, safe, clean, and racially tolerant.
What’s more, if you remove these Democrat-run cities from our national statistics, you will find an America that is overwhelmingly peaceful, safe, clean, and racially tolerant.

Nevertheless, Democrats and their fake-media allies still blame Republicans for all of their problems.
According to them, it is Republicans who are responsible for racism, pollution, and gun violence — even though, out here where we all live, our air, water, and streets are safe and clean… We all own guns, but where we live there is no gun violence crisis… We are all supposed to be racists and responsible for all the hate crimes, but out here where we all live, there is no hate crime crisis.
Now, there will be exceptions, but those exceptions only serve to prove the rule.
Let me lay this out for you…
OPENING
Leftists say they want to live in a Utopia free of gun violence, free of pollution, and free of racism…
Well, that place already exists.
It’s called Rural MAGA Land.
Out here in Rural America the environment is clean, no one worries about getting shot, and there are no racial tensions.
Full article;
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...claim-to-want/

As a side note, just yesterday I was in a local deli. There was a deputy county sheriff, whom I am know and the sheriff having lunch. The county sheriff is an immigrant from another country and a great guy. I spent a few moments talking with them (nobody had mask even though there is a city mandate) and I wished the deputy a safe trip on his vacation next week. I do feel privileged to live in an area where people mostly get along with each other, crime is low and we can have a friendly relationship with law enforcement. There is lots of fresh air and many opportunities for outdoor activities.