Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default George Clooney, George Lucas, Leonardo Dicaprio & Samuel L. Jackson...

And more....

They all signed off on condemnation of Georgia's voting changes.

When I first read all of this, I thought - well aren't these changes for the better? Don't most already have ID? Isn't requiring it a good idea?

But then I saw the celebrities names, people I never met but they are pretty good actors in some movies I have seen - well that changed the complexion of everything for me. I know I like to follow politics and consider myself to be informed at least - but when THESE people sign off on something, that's different.

This changes absolutely - nothing.

---

Hollywood Stars, Entertainment Companies Sign Open Letter Condemning Georgia Voting Restrictions

Fortune 500 companies, A-list movie stars, filmmakers and corporate heavyweights came out swinging on April 14, condemning Georgia’s new voting restrictions in an open letter that was printed in The Washington Post and the New York Times.

The hundreds of signatories included the likes of Netflix, Amazon, ViacomCBS, Starbucks, Facebook and UTA, as well as celebrities such as Rooney Mara, George Clooney, Mark Ruffalo, Larry David, Josh Gad, Lee Daniels, George Lucas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leonardo Dicaprio, Demi Lovato, Shonda Rhimes, Samuel L. Jackson, Orlando Bloom and Naomi Campbell. Business titans such as Michael Bloomberg, Scooter Braun, J.J. Abrams, David Geffen and Warren Buffett also signed the note.

“For American democracy to work for any of us, we must ensure the right to vote for all of us,” the statement reads. “Voting is the lifeblood of our democracy, and we call upon all Americans to take a nonpartisan stand for this basic and most fundamental right of all Americans.”

The open letter was organized by former American Express CEO Kenneth Chenault and Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier, and emerged out of a meeting that the men hosted with other business leaders over the weekend.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...135510613.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default EVEN So-called FAMOUS people are...and can be...

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And more....

They all signed off on condemnation of Georgia's voting changes.

When I first read all of this, I thought - well aren't these changes for the better? Don't most already have ID? Isn't requiring it a good idea?

But then I saw the celebrities names, people I never met but they are pretty good actors in some movies I have seen - well that changed the complexion of everything for me. I know I like to follow politics and consider myself to be informed at least - but when THESE people sign off on something, that's different.

This changes absolutely - nothing.

---

Hollywood Stars, Entertainment Companies Sign Open Letter Condemning Georgia Voting Restrictions

Fortune 500 companies, A-list movie stars, filmmakers and corporate heavyweights came out swinging on April 14, condemning Georgia’s new voting restrictions in an open letter that was printed in The Washington Post and the New York Times.

The hundreds of signatories included the likes of Netflix, Amazon, ViacomCBS, Starbucks, Facebook and UTA, as well as celebrities such as Rooney Mara, George Clooney, Mark Ruffalo, Larry David, Josh Gad, Lee Daniels, George Lucas, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leonardo Dicaprio, Demi Lovato, Shonda Rhimes, Samuel L. Jackson, Orlando Bloom and Naomi Campbell. Business titans such as Michael Bloomberg, Scooter Braun, J.J. Abrams, David Geffen and Warren Buffett also signed the note.

“For American democracy to work for any of us, we must ensure the right to vote for all of us,” the statement reads. “Voting is the lifeblood of our democracy, and we call upon all Americans to take a nonpartisan stand for this basic and most fundamental right of all Americans.”

The open letter was organized by former American Express CEO Kenneth Chenault and Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier, and emerged out of a meeting that the men hosted with other business leaders over the weekend.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...135510613.html
    DUMBER than a Box of Rocks when they are only looking for FANS.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me: