Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
I just see a huge difference between manslaughter & murder. And look, I don't care if he rots in there as he deserves to - but just the analyzing part in me looking at the case as a whole is all.

The law of 2nd degree murder in Minnesota is stricter though and applies to more. And the more I read the statute I can see who they proved it to the jury.

Here is the text:

To me, it looks like it would apply to Subdivision 2 Part 1 and the Unintentional murder, which comes with the same sentencing guidelines. I guess they all fall under the same umbrella. So they would have to believe that Chauvin was committing a felony with force of violence. I can see that and them coming to that conclusion. I think manslaughter applies as well, but this one is tougher and I can see them having convicted of the man charges and not the murder.

Either way, he was guilty of something as you said.
while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense
The above part is what I get caught on. Not sure what felony offense he was committing but I didn't watch enough to know the whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it gets knocked down on appeal. Still be in prison for a good long time.